Digital signature in repeating section ? - InfoPath Dev
in

InfoPath Dev

Use our Google Custom Search for best site search results.

Digital signature in repeating section ?

Last post 11-11-2009 06:44 AM by ljagarlamudi@gmail.com. 10 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (11 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 02-07-2007 05:26 PM

Digital signature in repeating section ?

Hello everyone - this is my first time on this forum - sorry for my english but I am from Poland.
    I am working with infopath 2003 and vs 05 and c#. From some time I have problem how to code one form.
    Situation looks like this:
    I have big form placed in repeating section - it contains two digital signatures. My old workflow was looking like : - i am grouping all not ds fields in one group like EntireForm and then all ds files in something like DSignature group. Then I was providing signature from this selected fields to only EntireForm group ( form options/digital signatures/ enable digital signature for specified data in the form), then some details from certificate like name could show themself in dsignature fields. Hope that you can figure out what I mean :)

So - now it looks different - how can I tell Infopath that I need to sign every section which user will create ( it could bo 10 ex. )with different signature ? Did you met with this problem ? Maybe do you knew some kind of easy ( or hard) way to do this ? I will be very greatfull for your help.
    Best Regards
  • 02-10-2007 04:24 PM In reply to

Re: Digital signature in repeating section ?

Hi Folwarczny and welcome to our forum!
    I don't think this is supported. It looks like it could be by attaching a signature to a section within the repeating section and putting the entire form within that, but when I tried to do it in preview it wouldn't let me. My hunch is that this isn't supported, but there's a chance that by manipulating where the signatures are stored in the schema you could do it.
    Patrick Halstead
    Project Manager at Qdabra
  • 02-11-2007 03:17 AM In reply to

Thank you very much for your respond :) - I learned a lot from your Book (but why samples in VB instead c# :( ) and now I am sure that I have to do it another way. Shame becouse it could be great feature..
  • 02-11-2007 12:25 PM In reply to

Hi again,

Thanks for the positive feedback on our book. It was VB.NET because Microsoft wanted it that way. Apparently, there are like 10-20 times as many VB developers as t here are C# developers. We did all of the code in C# too, but shipped the book with VB.NET.

Regarding the sections issue. Don't give up yet. I am going to send e-mail to some people on my team and see if there is a way to finagle it.

Stay tuned!
    Patrick Halstead
  • 02-11-2007 01:01 PM In reply to

The signature maps to a section. I tried adding a repeating group to a blank form (group1 and group2). Inside group2 I added a section (group3). Inside that section I added a text box (field1). Next, I went to Tools->Form Options and clicked Digital Signatures. I checked Enable Digital Signatures for Specific Data in the Form. I added the section group3 and set it to countersign (last option). I previewed and tried to add some text to field1 and sign. Worked fine. However, when I try to add another section using the insert control, I cannot.
    Patrick Halstead
  • 02-11-2007 01:28 PM In reply to

That is what I mean - after sign as a user you cant add next section.. - that is hardest thing to figure out. If you will have something from you team - please write it in this thread.
  • 02-11-2007 01:29 PM In reply to

Hi Folwarczny,
    Yes, I already sent e-mail out to my team. I just typed in what I did so that other people could see it just in case I missed something.
    Patrick Halstead
  • 02-11-2007 01:29 PM In reply to

Oh and about vs and c# - my base is my experience in europe - I knew lot of c# programmer and no on who is using vb or vb .net.
  • 02-11-2007 02:18 PM In reply to

Yeah, well, I don't care what the language is but C# sure seems easier for me given my C++ background.

We plan to post lots of articles in the next few months with C#. Please stay tuned to our site for lots of helpful techniques involving InfoPath.
    Patrick Halstead
  • 02-11-2007 05:09 PM In reply to

Yes - exactly my history - Pascal -> c++ -> c# ... / great site btw.
  • 11-11-2009 06:44 AM In reply to

Hi

I am also having the same issue --  digital signatures in Repeating Sections.

Have you found any solution ? 

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Lakshmi
Page 1 of 1 (11 items)
Copyright © 2003-2019 Qdabra Software. All rights reserved.
View our Terms of Use.