This Form Template Is Protected - InfoPath Dev
in

InfoPath Dev

Use our Google Custom Search for best site search results.

This Form Template Is Protected

Last post 08-01-2017 03:50 PM by Hilary Stoupa. 2 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (3 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 07-24-2017 09:05 AM

This Form Template Is Protected

I borrowed a template we completed a while back to start a new form and we now always receive the message below. No biggie for me and my coworker, we just say "OK" and move along. I want to unprotect a copy to send to someone. The Microsoft article (https://support.office.com/en-us/article/Help-protect-a-form-template-s-design-1f80a2c3-b8a5-4b38-8773-45cc517127bf) instructs me to go to Tools > Form Options > Category > Advanced > Enable protection. I do not have the "Enable protection" option under Advanced - I have IP 2013. Here's the message I want to get rid of. Alternatively, can the user just select "OK" and go on his way?

Here is my Form Options screen:

Filed under:
  • 07-31-2017 08:20 AM In reply to

Re: This Form Template Is Protected

Yeah, it is weird, because they removed that option and then you have these old templates that you can't change. I'm pretty sure if you save it as source files there is something you can remove in the manifest to get rid of the message - I'll try to find a protected template later today and see if I can figure out what you'd need to change. But yes, just select Ok and make your edits. The message is just a warning - it won't block you.

Hilary Stoupa

• 08-01-2017 03:50 PM In reply to

Re: This Form Template Is Protected

Found it. :) Save your form as source files, and search manifest.xsf for allowCustomization. It is probably set to no. Change that to yes and save. Then right click manifest.xsf and select design to open in design mode, File > save as to pack those files back up as an XSN.
    Hilary Stoupa

Page 1 of 1 (3 items)
Copyright © 2003-2019 Qdabra Software. All rights reserved.
View our Terms of Use.