Multiple Check Boxes writing to a Text Box - InfoPath Dev
in

InfoPath Dev

Use our Google Custom Search for best site search results.

Multiple Check Boxes writing to a Text Box

Last post 07-06-2017 01:00 PM by Hilary Stoupa. 3 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 06-28-2017 02:01 PM

Multiple Check Boxes writing to a Text Box

Hello,
    I have an Infopath Approval form with check boxes for different reviewers.  When they check the box, I have rules set up to update specific verbiage into individual Text Boxes.  Here's what I use for setting the field's value:  <concat(userName(), " has approved this Article on ", today())> 

Instead of updating individual text boxes, is there a way to rewrite the above value so each of the reviewers write to the same text box and each value appends below the previous value? 

Here it is in a nutshell:
    Current -
    Reviewer 1 reviews and checks checkbox1 > sets field value of text box #1 to Approved
    Reviewer 2 reviews and checks checkbox2 > sets field value of text box #2 to Approved
    Reviewer 3 reviews and checks checkbox3 > sets field value of text box #3 to Approved

Future -
    Reviewer 1 reviews and checks checkbox1 > sets field value of text box #1 to Approved
    Reviewer 2 reviews and checks checkbox2 > sets field value of text box #1 to Approved (Value below Reviewer1)
    Reviewer 3 reviews and checks checkbox3 > sets field value of text box #1 to Approved (Value below Reviewer2)

Thanks,
    AXC

• 07-06-2017 08:39 AM In reply to

Re: Multiple Check Boxes writing to a Text Box

Yeah, you can use concat - set textbox 1 to concat(textbox1, " some other text here"). There are ways to add a line break too if that is what you want (but the approach depends on if you are using browser or filler).
    Hilary Stoupa

• 07-06-2017 12:55 PM In reply to

Hello Hilary - thank you for your reply.  Yes, I'd like to incorporate line breaks in the concat statement.  Can you tell me how to do that for a browser form?  

• 07-06-2017 01:00 PM In reply to

Try this blog post: http://www.sharepointmaestra.com/Blog/Post/4/InfoPath---Appending-Text-in-Multiline-Field-with-Line-Feed
    Hilary Stoupa

Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
Copyright © 2003-2019 Qdabra Software. All rights reserved.
View our Terms of Use.