Update/Submit just one field - InfoPath Dev
in

InfoPath Dev

Use our Google Custom Search for best site search results.

Update/Submit just one field

Last post 02-17-2017 08:30 AM by patobarcelonista. 3 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 02-10-2017 02:18 PM

Update/Submit just one field

Hello everyone. Thank you for all the great help is provided in this site.

I am looking for a way to submit/update only a field of my form while it is still open. Why? When a form is open by person A and person B wants to open the same form, person B only has read-only access because somebody else has it open, but person B doesn't know who actually is Person A. So I was thinking OnLoad add a rule to submit/update the current user (Person A), so person B and other users can easily see in the SP library who has the form open.

I tried submitting the whole form, which is good and does the final result. But that doesn't work on FormLoad. I get an error that it cannot be submitted because the form is still opening. It works if the user (Person A) click a button after the form was loading to trigger the submitting. But that is not good.

Any help will be much appreciated. !!
  • 02-13-2017 10:27 AM In reply to

Re: Update/Submit just one field

In the past, with something similar, I've used sort of a "summary" view - so, if the form has already been submitted, and you re-open it, it opens to the summary view and you can click a button if you wish to open the full view & edit it - then you have the form open prior to trying to submit it.

Hilary Stoupa

• 02-14-2017 09:42 AM In reply to

Hi Hilary. Thanks again for your great help.

I think what you propose it is not what I need it. Basically what I want is to show in one column of my SP library the Username of the person that has the form open at that specific moment. And after he/she closes the form, that field in the SP Library column will be clear (empty).
    In order to do that, I was trying the same approach used Here. So I create a CAML to "Update" only the Current Username, and then used the Web Service for SP to update that field while at the same time the form is still open.
    Please find the attachment the XML that I am using as my CAML. Maybe that is wrong. I am using the "set" in the CAML to set and clear the current username.

Any hints/help?
  • 02-17-2017 08:30 AM In reply to

Re: Update/Submit just one field

Hi Hilary,

I appreciated your help. I found this post where I found my answer. Even though, in that post says it could only work for browser forms. I am using client forms and it works.

Thank you
Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
Copyright © 2003-2019 Qdabra Software. All rights reserved.
View our Terms of Use.