InfoPath 2013 REST Connection Errors - InfoPath Dev
in

InfoPath Dev

Use our Google Custom Search for best site search results.

InfoPath 2013 REST Connection Errors

Last post 11-30-2016 04:54 PM by Hilary Stoupa. 3 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 11-17-2016 02:52 PM

InfoPath 2013 REST Connection Errors

Hello - I know there are many questions and answers for this issue out there, but it feels as if I've tried all of the solutions offered and I'm still unable to get the REST connection work when the InfoPath 2013 form is published to the SharePoint 2013 sites.

Basically, everything works okay from within InfoPath filler or locally, but when published I get the notorious 5566 error. I've got it narrowed down to (what seems to be) the FARM account. The message states:

The following query failed: REST Web Service 2 (User: 0#.w|(domain)\(user), Form Name: TestingRest, IP: , Connection Target: , Request: (fulldomain)/TestingRest, Form ID: urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:infopath:TestingRest:-myXSD-2016-11-11T19-09-59 Type: DataAdapterException, Exception Message: The form cannot run the specified query.
    The remote server returned an error: (401) Unauthorized.) 

`` 

In the details tab, it states the user is (domain)\(farm account)

I've set "DisableLoopbackCheck" to 1 in regedit
    I've set "AllowAnonymous" in web.config to 'false'
    I've restarted the server

Still nothing shows with my simple one dropdown field form.

When I type the URL into a browser it works fine, just like using in InfoPath filler or local. Example:
    http://domain/_api/Web/Lists/getByTitle('ListTitle')/Items

Can anyone think of something I'm missing? The error used to be on user (domain)\IUSR, but after changing the AllowAnonymous in web.config file, the error is now on (domain)\(farm account)

Thank you, in advance. 
    ~ l

• 11-18-2016 02:59 PM In reply to

Re: InfoPath 2013 REST Connection Errors

When is your data connection running? On load? I'd maybe drag the data fields onto the form and add a button that runs the query, just so you can open the form, then test the query. What about non-REST web services? Maybe try a query on the User Profile service - same issue?

Hilary Stoupa

• 11-21-2016 07:54 AM In reply to

Thank you for your suggestions, Hilary. When I wrote my question, my connection was loading on form load. I just had a test form with one field and when I get that working, I'll incorporate it and more REST connections to the much larger and in depth form.

I've change the connection to be queried with a button press, rather than on load, and received the same results. Works great until I upload to SharePoint (Enterprise 2013). I've added another field and another data connection for the User Profile Service to just pull in my email - also on button press - and get the same results there, as well.

So - two buttons with two fields querying two data sources. One using REST and one using SOAP. Both receive the same 401 error for the farm account when published.

It seems to be something with the security for the Farm account, but I'm just not sure where else to look. Everywhere I can think of to look, has the Farm account with Full Control.

Thanks, again.

~l 

• 11-30-2016 04:54 PM In reply to

Your form is just directly published to the library? No code or anything like that?

Hilary Stoupa

Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
Copyright © 2003-2019 Qdabra Software. All rights reserved.
View our Terms of Use.