Migrating from the trial version of qRules - InfoPath Dev
in

InfoPath Dev

Use our Google Custom Search for best site search results.

Migrating from the trial version of qRules

Last post 09-30-2016 08:43 AM by Hilary Stoupa. 7 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (8 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 09-21-2016 04:52 AM

Migrating from the trial version of qRules

I've moved from the trial version of qRules to a licensed copy (ver 7.2.6004.853 9 June 2016). I've deleted the trial version and installed the licensed version. The forms that I created with the trial version no longer work as they are reporting that the trial version is over. I've re-injected my forms but they still report that my trial is over. Do I need to do something else to get them working again?

• 09-21-2016 07:38 AM In reply to

Re: Migrating from the trial version of qRules

Nope, you should just be able to re-inject (and republish the updated version). You've republished them after re-injecting?
    Hilary Stoupa

• 09-30-2016 06:28 AM In reply to

I managed to get it working but I had to completely remove the form from SharePoint (and the library that was using it) and then republish and upload. Strange behaviour?

• 09-30-2016 07:35 AM In reply to

I'm not sure what you mean by republish and upload. Is this an admin deployed browser form? If so, yes, publishing involves re-uploading the template to central admin. Otherwise, generally, you simply re-inject the form, and republish it to the library (or content type, if you are using content types).
    Hilary Stoupa

• 09-30-2016 07:45 AM In reply to

Yes, it is an admin approved form. SharePoint doesn't seem that great at handling changes to forms published in this way though. I don't think I've managed to successfully re-upload a form yet and keep it working.

• 09-30-2016 07:50 AM In reply to

Okay, this sounds like an environmental issue then... Have you tried deactivating prior to upload, then reactivating after? Do you have server access, or just use central admin on your local machine? I use PowerShell for uploading templates, so much less painful, and I'm happy to share info on that if you have server access - it would probably make this a little easier at least. :)
    Hilary Stoupa

• 09-30-2016 07:59 AM In reply to

That would be really useful Hilary. I have full access to our SharePoint server. I built it myself so I can't really blame anyone else if there is a config issue with it.  ;-)The whole process of uploading admin approved forms via Central Admin seems very clunky so anything that makes that process easier has got to be a bonus. I don't usually deactivate a form first when uploading a newer version. I do start a new browser session though when I want to test the form so I can be sure that nothing is cached.

• 09-30-2016 08:43 AM In reply to

Once I started using SharePoint Management Shell for this, I never looked back to Central Admin, that's for sure. I have learned to loathe it. :)

So, on your server, find SharePoint Management Shell, right click and run as admin. Give it a minute to figure out what it is doing. Here's a reference for some of the commandlets I use.  

Install-SPInfoPathFormTemplate -Path "C:\Temp\MyTemplate.xsn"

Change the  path above to your XSN file that you have copied onto your servers someplace. If the template has not been activated before, you'll need to enable it:

Enable-SPInfoPathFormTemplate -Identity "MyTemplate.xsn" -Site http://server/site

Again, changing the template name and the site to the correct values.

You can also disable and uninstall a template, as well as stop or start:

Disable-SPInfoPathFormTemplate -Identity "MyTemplate.xsn" -Site http://server/site
    Uninstall-SPInfoPathFormTemplate -Identity "MyTemplate.xsn"
    Stop-SPInfoPathFormTemplate "MyTemplate.xsn"
    Start-SPInfoPathFormTemplate "MyTemplate.xsn

If I were you, I would start disabling the form, then installing, then enabling it - see if that helps the situation. If not, you may want to try uninstalling as well - generally, I don't have to change my library at all when I disable / re-enable or uninstall - but you may want to try a test form activated to a test library.

As to your other post, where you mention now getting a correlation id, obviously go check your log files for that correlation, but I do sometimes see forms with code / qRules that are having deployment issues resolve these if re-deployed.

Hilary Stoupa

Page 1 of 1 (8 items)
Copyright © 2003-2019 Qdabra Software. All rights reserved.
View our Terms of Use.