Browser form not opening - Error - the following location is in a different site collection - InfoPath Dev
in

InfoPath Dev

Use our Google Custom Search for best site search results.

Browser form not opening - Error - the following location is in a different site collection

Last post 09-08-2016 09:49 AM by Hilary Stoupa. 3 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 08-30-2016 07:32 AM

Browser form not opening - Error - the following location is in a different site collection

Hi

I am using SharePoint 2010 and InfoPath 2010 web browser template.

I have Q-rules injected - for 2010 web browser/sand-box (This was on Hilary's advice even though I am admin deploying the form)

I have Admin deployed the form and activated it to my site collection http://xxxxxx/sites/Bodmin/ShiftReport

I have added it as a content type to my form library and as a Site admin I can open the form and add data to it.

A user (and my test account) which are set up to have contribute permissions get the following error when trying to open the form

"The following location is in a different site collection  http://xxxxxx/sites/Bodmin/ShiftReport/FormServerTemplate/BodminShiftReport.xsn........."

The URL shown is indicating it is the same site collection. 

I have set the form to full trust and re-published and deployed - with the same error.

There are no warnings from Design checker.

I cannot remember having this issue before, does anyone have any ideas ?

Thank you

Catharine 

• 09-01-2016 08:07 AM In reply to

Re: Browser form not opening - Error - the following location is in a different site collection

I have not seen this before. Have you tried deactivating / reactivating the template? What about if you set up a new (test) library and add the content type to the new library? What happens then?
    Hilary Stoupa

• 09-05-2016 06:19 AM In reply to

Re: Browser form not opening - Error - the following location is in a different site collection

Hi Hilary,

I have deactivated and re-activated the form in central admin - and I still get the same error in when opening with a "standard" user - i.e. just contribute rights.

I have created a new library and added the form to the library and I get the same error.

I have re-published the form with a new name and uploaded that to central admin.  I have activated that to my site collection, created a new form library, added the admin form as the default form and I still get the same error.

In all cases I can access the form using my own account which is set as system admin.

The site I am using this form on is a sub-site, and the "standard" user does not have any access to the Root Site - would this be a problem ?

I have not had this issue before.

Thank you

Catharine 

• 09-08-2016 09:49 AM In reply to

Oooh - I wonder if that is it - when the template is activated to the site collection, isn't it in the Form Templates library at the root of the site collection?
    Hilary Stoupa

Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
Copyright © 2003-2019 Qdabra Software. All rights reserved.
View our Terms of Use.