Dropdown list source - Question - InfoPath Dev
in

InfoPath Dev

Use our Google Custom Search for best site search results.

Dropdown list source - Question

Last post 08-15-2016 08:39 AM by neeenz. 0 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (1 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 08-15-2016 08:39 AM

Dropdown list source - Question

Hi all,

I have a scenario in hand, I've created an InfoPath form that mimics an organizational chart, the data is created through Alteryx as we have an HR File feed that we extract specific info only and translates it into XML Coding, from there we the codes in the Form File so it loads to the form. Basically, my question is, is there a way that I can assign the Drop-down list source to grab all the Managers and Direct Reports that are within the file itself. I've already tried doing it but InfoPath does not allow you to use the same field as a source. I've tried using an external XML source but it loads super slow. To explain it simpler I guess, I have a repeating group, that group shows the Managers and all its direct reports. I want to have the users the ability to assign the managers themselves, the source of the managers will be the same data but including all the direct reports as well.  I might have seen a link before that it could be done but I cannot find it now, any help or info is much appreciated :)

"Be humble for you are made of Earth. Be noble for you are made of stars" - Serbian Proverb
    Filed under: ,
Page 1 of 1 (1 items)
Copyright © 2003-2019 Qdabra Software. All rights reserved.
View our Terms of Use.