List takes too long to import - InfoPath Dev
in

InfoPath Dev

Use our Google Custom Search for best site search results.

List takes too long to import

Last post 07-11-2016 12:55 PM by Hilary Stoupa. 2 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (3 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 07-11-2016 12:31 AM

List takes too long to import

Apologies for the wall of text - this was correctly formatted before I posted. Using InfoPath & SharePoint 2010 I have a data connection in my browser based form which retrieves a SharePoint list. The form is a online order form and the list is the full product/price list. My form is set up to retrieve the data and then load this into a repeating table in the following fashion: First drop down field - Item type Second drop-down is populated based on the first (Item description) I then have several other fields which are populated based on what is selected in the second dropdown. (Product code, Item price, Unit size) I am currently using default values on the fields for example: xdXDocument:GetDOM("Product List")/dfs:myFields/dfs:dataFields/d:SharePointListItem_RW/d:Unit_x0020_Size[../d:Description = current()/../my:ItemDescription] The problem I am having is that when I click the button which will query the data connection and then change views to show the order form I can be waiting for upwards of 2 minutes (With approx 900 items in the sharepoint list) When I removed all the default value settings then there was no noticeable delay in the query, Based on what I have found searching the web it is all the default values being calculated which are slowing down the loading - What I would like to do is set up a rule on my second drop-down (Item description) set to fire when the value changes so that this then populates the remaining fields. Due to the restriction my Company has placed upon the use of InfoPath I am not able to make use of either Sandboxed or Administrator-approved Solutions therefore I am required to find codeless solutions. If have attached a dummy form
  • 07-11-2016 06:08 AM In reply to

Re: List takes too long to import

While I normally would not answer my own post I have actually worked out how to do this and thought I would both share this knowledge and to save the time of anybody who may have answered. I have set up a rule on my second drop-down which sets the value of each of the other fields to the relevant field in my dataconnection filtered using the following expression "../d:Description = current()/../my:ItemDescription" This has reduced the view loading times from 2 minutes plus to around 7 seconds.
  • 07-11-2016 12:55 PM In reply to

Re: List takes too long to import

Wonderful, glad you found a solution - BTW, if you use Internet Explorer, the forum will leave your formatting alone. Sorry for the inconvenience - this is an older version of Community Server and it struggles a little with modern browsers.
    Hilary Stoupa

Page 1 of 1 (3 items)
Copyright © 2003-2019 Qdabra Software. All rights reserved.
View our Terms of Use.