How can i fit 70 conditions into one infopath data validation rule? - InfoPath Dev
in

InfoPath Dev

Use our Google Custom Search for best site search results.

How can i fit 70 conditions into one infopath data validation rule?

Last post 04-28-2016 09:11 AM by Hilary Stoupa. 3 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 04-27-2016 01:04 PM

How can i fit 70 conditions into one infopath data validation rule?

Hi, I created an InfoPath 2010 form and wanted to limit users' input into a field call "Nurses Initials", so I added a validation rule with conditions (if) .!="ACS" and .!="ABC".......(70 of them)..and.!="VNH" then screen tip "Incorrect Initials" ..  Those conditions work fine on the InfoPath preview, however, when I published the form to the SharePoint site, I kept getting error msg saying my coding expression could not be parsed because of a syntax error or because it uses undefined namespace prefix or unsupported  function. Can you tell me what happened and how can I fix it? Is it because of the InfoPath rule limit? If so, how can I walk around it? Thanks so much..

• 04-27-2016 03:08 PM In reply to

Re: How can i fit 70 conditions into one infopath data validation rule?

First, I'd make sure that it is this rule causing the issue if you haven't already. Save a copy of your form. Remove the validation rule. Does the form publish? If it does, well, at least you know for sure the problem is this specific rule... If it is this specific rule, I'd copy the expression out and split in about half - does the publish work with half as many conditions?
    Hilary Stoupa

• 04-28-2016 09:06 AM In reply to

Thanks for your quick reply, Hilary! Yes, it was successfully published when I split in about half.  Also, if I split them about 16 conditions on each expression and make it up to the limit 5 expressions in total, it was published successfully as well. like:

The expression . != "LMI" and . != "LMK" and....16 of them

The expression . != "ABC" and . != "LOK" and....16 of them

The expression . != "POL" and . != "LIK" and....16 of them

The expression . != "RGI" and . != "LTK" and....16 of them

The expression . != "LYU" and . != "JKL" and....6 of them 

In the past, I pasted 70 conditions on one expression, and it caused error. So for my future information, do you know the limit number of conditions on one expression? Thank you, thank you!  

• 04-28-2016 09:11 AM In reply to

I don't! Apparently this was just too complex for IPFS. I'm glad you have a work around.
    Hilary Stoupa

Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
Copyright © 2003-2019 Qdabra Software. All rights reserved.
View our Terms of Use.