Need a Solution for a nested repeating section issue - InfoPath Dev
in

InfoPath Dev

Use our Google Custom Search for best site search results.

Need a Solution for a nested repeating section issue

Last post 02-11-2016 08:24 AM by CFinney. 2 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (3 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 02-11-2016 06:47 AM

Need a Solution for a nested repeating section issue

Can anyone help me with an issue?

I have a data set on a form where I collect data set 'A' and then data set 'B'. Data set 'A' is a repeating section.(this is an address)

Data set 'B' is a repeating section nested inside of data set 'A' repeating section.(This is an alternate address)

The problem I need to correct is when someone completes both sets and then adds a new 'A' the new section 'B' is copying the first data set 'B' info and can not be corrected. (any change in the second data set 'B' changes the info in the first data set 'B').

How can I fix this? 

Note: I have already tried changing data set 'B' from a nested repeating section to a nested repeating table, and this did not fix the issue.

• 02-11-2016 07:42 AM In reply to

Re: Need a Solution for a nested repeating section issue

So - are these secondary data sources? Main data source? In a main data source, you should nest the repeating groups - I've attached a sample, save it locally, right click and select design to open in design mode, then preview.
    Hilary Stoupa

• 02-11-2016 08:24 AM In reply to

Re: Need a Solution for a nested repeating section issue

Thank you, your sample works so I dont understand why my form did not work. :(

Yes these are main data 'A' location name, building name and Data 'B' same info. my form in using dropdown menus to pull the info from lists.

However, I was ablee to get everthing working now thanks to your example. Thank You, Thank You, Thank You :D

Page 1 of 1 (3 items)
Copyright © 2003-2019 Qdabra Software. All rights reserved.
View our Terms of Use.