QRules work in InfopathPreview but not in WebPart - InfoPath Dev
in

InfoPath Dev

Use our Google Custom Search for best site search results.

QRules work in InfopathPreview but not in WebPart

Last post 12-28-2015 09:54 AM by Hilary Stoupa. 7 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (8 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 12-24-2015 02:35 AM

QRules work in InfopathPreview but not in WebPart

Hi, I've setup QRules to submit to SharePointList. When I submit the form in the Infopath Preview, the listitems are correct in the Table in Sharepoint. When I submit the form as webpart on a Sharepoint Page The list items are not submitted in the SharePoint List. Could somebody help me please ? Thx Tim
  • 12-28-2015 07:51 AM In reply to

Re: QRules work in InfopathPreview but not in WebPart

Hi - the first thing I usually do is make sure the button executing the command has postback set to always (under the button's properties, on the browser tab). While debugging the issue, put the Qdabra Rules data source ExecutionHistory group on your form, then try the command and see if an error is returned (if your current button closes the form after executing the command, temporarily remove that rule so it stays open & you can see the error message). If you have an error, let me know what it is and I can probably help you figure out a work around. :)
    Hilary Stoupa

• 12-28-2015 08:37 AM In reply to

Hi Hilary, Thank you for your response, I've changed the Postback setting to "always" and add the ExecutionHistory group to the form. When I fill in the form in the preview it shows the command I executed and the succes is flagged. When I do the same online in SharePoint nothing happens, and the ExecutionHistory is not filled in, the only thing that happens is that the form is added to the form library I created. I've disabled the rule to write it to the form library and that did'nt help unfortunately. Do you have any other ideas what it could be ?
  • 12-28-2015 09:11 AM In reply to

Is this Office 365 or an on premises server? Is the button a rules & actions button, or a submit button?
    Hilary Stoupa

• 12-28-2015 09:16 AM In reply to

Hi Hilary, It's an Office 365 server, and the button I used is a submit button.
  • 12-28-2015 09:26 AM In reply to

Copy the command to a regular button and test again. We have been seeing more frequent issues with qRules forms in Office 365 due to the way the sandbox is being handled, but it probably worth a try....
    Hilary Stoupa

• 12-28-2015 09:47 AM In reply to

Hi Hilary, I see that the items are now written to the different lists, wonderful !!!! You've really helped me on this one :-) Thx again !! Tim
  • 12-28-2015 09:54 AM In reply to

Wonderful, glad that helped & you have it working the way you want.
    Hilary Stoupa

Page 1 of 1 (8 items)
Copyright © 2003-2019 Qdabra Software. All rights reserved.
View our Terms of Use.