IP as a dev tool for future technologies - InfoPath Dev
in

InfoPath Dev

Use our Google Custom Search for best site search results.

IP as a dev tool for future technologies

Last post 10-08-2015 01:18 PM by Patrick Halstead. 1 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (2 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 10-08-2015 08:28 AM

IP as a dev tool for future technologies

OK...this is a bit of a rant-but I really don't see why IP cannot be the form design tool of choice into the future... it is by far the best form dev tool I have aver used...run rings around all others...why cant somebody develop a tool that can take an existing IP form (at least a web form) and transmorgify it into a Anguar Bootstrap jQuery Knockout...whatever the F*** is the flavor of the month for creating a good form? All these new technologies really put you in the weeds (again) to make forms. I used to design forms with Pascal and a form tool from CTOS that I so gladly left behind when I saw IP...and now I'm back in the weeds writing HTML to make the damn thing work. All these new technologies are good, but it is approaching bit twiddling (again) to get good forms out quickly. I would love to have a dev tool that insulates the experience from whatever new technology comes down the pike.

Well, I feel better!  

• 10-08-2015 01:18 PM In reply to

Re: IP as a dev tool for future technologies

Hi Brandt,

I wholeheartedly agree with you.

We have already developed that tool and it's called FormsViewer. You can download it from our FormsQuo website: http://formsquo.com/solution-matrix/formsviewer-download/

We expect to continue supporting the InfoPath open XML format, and to extend it with new functionality.

FormsViewer already has support for some ~20 qRules commands - those are the features that were missing from InfoPath, such as calculating difference between dates, getting input parameters, or mapping repeating data to lists, etc.

We'd be happy to show you a demo. Just email  contact (AT) formsquo (DOT) com.

Refreshing and tasty,

Patrick Halstead
    Project Manager at Qdabra
Page 1 of 1 (2 items)
Copyright © 2003-2019 Qdabra Software. All rights reserved.
View our Terms of Use.