Editing SharePoint List Using Infopath - InfoPath Dev
in

InfoPath Dev

Use our Google Custom Search for best site search results.

Editing SharePoint List Using Infopath

Last post 09-11-2015 10:16 AM by Bre Huston. 1 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (2 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 09-02-2015 08:26 PM

Editing SharePoint List Using Infopath

Hi,

Good day. I just want to seek for your advice. I follow the process on the below video and it is working fine. The only issue that I'm having is with regards to the performance of the form, it is loading quite slow.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NRjRYtcR8Gw

What I have on my form is a data connection to a sharepoint list same as in the video in the above link. Only difference is that when the form load, the connection to the SharePoint list is being filtered to the current user id (pending approval for the current user). Then the approver should edit a comment field and once the approver hit the tab button, the form will load again and it takes a long time. Finally, the approver will need to click a "Approve" button. Clicking this button, it will apply a flag that the specific line item has been approve and the list should refresh and remove the line item (SharePoint list item) that had been approved but it takes around 40 seconds to finish refreshing. Is there some configuration that I can do to improve the performance of the form? By the way the SharePoint list being filtered on form load has approximately 450 items.

Regards,

Rommel  

• 09-11-2015 10:16 AM In reply to

Re: Editing SharePoint List Using Infopath

Hi Rommel,

There are several things that could be effecting the performance of your form. what versions of SharePoint and InfoPath are you using?

Here are some things to consider:

1. View Length (How much the user has to scroll in a view)

2. Size of your Template

3. When you query your data

4. If your query is filtered or not

5. Large images in your view

Hope that helps!
    Bre

Page 1 of 1 (2 items)
Copyright © 2003-2019 Qdabra Software. All rights reserved.
View our Terms of Use.