Submitting Infopath Form to Access DB with autoincrement primary key - InfoPath Dev
in

InfoPath Dev

Use our Google Custom Search for best site search results.

Submitting Infopath Form to Access DB with autoincrement primary key

Last post 08-12-2015 11:31 AM by Marleah. 0 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (1 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 08-12-2015 11:31 AM

Submitting Infopath Form to Access DB with autoincrement primary key

Hi, I have an infopath form that needs to submit information to an Access DB, I am having a problem as I need a unique id associated with the form to update ID fields that are primary keys in several tables, the fields were once auto increment primary key fields. How can I keep the autoincrement primary key feature of the Access tables, and have the infopath form update the field properly. My first attempt was to create a regular integer field for the primary key and attempt to get the max id field from the Access Table and increment by 1 when I submit the form. But I have not been successful trying to do this. Is there a way to keep the auto-increment primary key field and have it increment when the infopath form is submitted to the database. In some of the material I have encountered there is reference to doing just this type of thing. Specifically: Developing Solutions with Microsoft® InfoPath Chapter 6, Database Integration. But on the Microsoft Office Dev site, it states that Infopath does not support the auto-increment datatype in Access. Please help. Thanks, Marleah Isom
Page 1 of 1 (1 items)
Copyright © 2003-2019 Qdabra Software. All rights reserved.
View our Terms of Use.