The form template cannot be opened, because the system administrator has disabled opening form templates that require full trust. - InfoPath Dev
in

InfoPath Dev

Use our Google Custom Search for best site search results.

The form template cannot be opened, because the system administrator has disabled opening form templates that require full trust.

Last post 07-01-2015 12:55 PM by Hilary Stoupa. 5 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (6 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 07-01-2015 09:54 AM

• DC Forms
    • Top 150 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 06-14-2012
    • Washington, DC
    • Posts 76

The form template cannot be opened, because the system administrator has disabled opening form templates that require full trust.

I am attempting to condiuct a trial of qRules in a secured environment. qRules has been installed using a local administrator account. When attempting the open the Qdabra InfoPath to SharePoint List Tool the following error occurs: InfoPath cannot open a new form. The form cannot be opened. To fix this problem, contact the form designer. Form template: file:///C:\Program%20Files%20(x86)\Qdabra%20Software\Qdabra%20Rules%20Library%20(Trial%20Version)\Forms\Installable%20Forms\Qdabra%20InfoPath%20to%20SharePoint%20List%20Tool.xsn The form template cannot be opened, because the system administrator has disabled opening form templates that require full trust. The organization does not allow for fully trusted forms to be run. While I know that the Windows Registry key runfulltrustsolutions in HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Policies\Microsoft\office\14.0\infopath\security has to be set to 1 and then InfoPath Options > Trust Center > Trust Center Settings... > Trusted Publishers > Allow fully trusted forms to run on my computer checked to enable using the Qdabra InfoPath to SharePoint List Tool, the security group would like an alternative approach. How can one use the Qdabra InfoPath to SharePoint List Tool in a locked-down environment?
    Filed under:
  • 07-01-2015 10:15 AM In reply to

Re: The form template cannot be opened, because the system administrator has disabled opening form templates that require full trust.

Hi - if you can't install the form using the included FormsInstaller tool, you can simply right click the template and select design to open in design mode, then preview and use the form in preview.

Hilary Stoupa

• 07-01-2015 12:35 PM In reply to

• DC Forms
    • Top 150 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 06-14-2012
    • Washington, DC
    • Posts 76

Re: The form template cannot be opened, because the system administrator has disabled opening form templates that require full trust.

Hi Hilary, While I can open a read-only copy of Qdabra InfoPath to SharePoint List Tool.xsn in Design Mode, when I preview it I get the error "InfoPath cannot open a new form. The form template is not valid. The form template cannot be opened, because the system administrator has disabled opening form templates that require full trust." Do I need to convince my security group that they have to at least allow Full Trust forms for developers, or is there a way to limit trust to the Qdabra form? Trusted Publishers? Trusted Locations?
  • 07-01-2015 12:42 PM In reply to

I think you'll just have to convince them to let you allow full trust forms. I don't know of a way to only allow a specific full trust form. Are you able to make changes in the InfoPath Trust Center?

Hilary Stoupa

• 07-01-2015 12:49 PM In reply to

• DC Forms
    • Top 150 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 06-14-2012
    • Washington, DC
    • Posts 76

The Trust Center options are all locked down by policy. Would signing the form with an organizational certificate be of any benefit?
  • 07-01-2015 12:55 PM In reply to

You can always try it. Just save a copy of the form and see if signing it with a org cert lets you use it. I kind of don't think that is going to work - I think if full trust templates aren't allowed, it won't matter the signing cert - but it might.

Hilary Stoupa

Page 1 of 1 (6 items)
Copyright © 2003-2019 Qdabra Software. All rights reserved.
View our Terms of Use.