Attachment List is getting 5000 view threshold warning - InfoPath Dev
in

InfoPath Dev

Use our Google Custom Search for best site search results.

Attachment List is getting 5000 view threshold warning

Last post 04-16-2015 01:12 PM by Bre Huston. 1 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (2 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 04-16-2015 11:21 AM

Attachment List is getting 5000 view threshold warning

I use QRules (Save to SharePoint) to save form attachments to a separate list. Now my attachment list is getting the 5000 view threshold warning. My form library was also getting this error so, I created another form library called archives and moved all my 2014 forms to, which is pointing to the original attachment list to view the attachment. How can I move the 2014 attachments to a new archive list and have the attachment links in the form point to the new list.
  • 04-16-2015 01:12 PM In reply to

Re: Attachment List is getting 5000 view threshold warning

Hello agardner,

That's great to hear that qRules SaveToSharePoint is working well for you! The 5,000 item limit can be a hassle to deal with.

In this scenario if you have almost 5,000 items per year it may make sense to publish your form as a content type, and then dynamically create new lists to submit. I would recommend using the current year of the form to pre-fix the name of your items list, and then create lists rom a list template for the next year. Then in the command you can create a concatenated command to submit that would look something like this:

concat("SaveToSharePoint /url=http://mysitehere/mysubsite/lists/", Year, "ListName /xpath=/my:eReferral/my:Attachments/my:Attachment/my:File")

This way you can use different lists without changing the data connection.

Thanks!
    Bre

Page 1 of 1 (2 items)
Copyright © 2003-2019 Qdabra Software. All rights reserved.
View our Terms of Use.