Repeating Section data not appearing on Edit or View - InfoPath Dev
in

InfoPath Dev

Use our Google Custom Search for best site search results.

Repeating Section data not appearing on Edit or View

Last post 03-17-2015 01:59 PM by Le'Shaunda. 2 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (3 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 03-16-2015 04:46 PM

Repeating Section data not appearing on Edit or View

Hello, I have an InfoPath 2013 form (Using SharePoint 2013) that has repeating sections (Going to a SharePoint List...manage multiple items with this list checked). When filling out the form everything works fine. However, once the form is submitted and I go into the list to access an existing form, the form appears blank (the data shows in the list but not in the form).  So if I wanted to edit a previous entry I am unable to do this through the form. Does anyone have any idea why this is happening? Pleeaassee help! Thanks in advance!

• 03-17-2015 01:32 PM In reply to

Re: Repeating Section data not appearing on Edit or View

Hi Le'Shaunda,

May I know how you are trying to access an existing form from SharePoint? I am not sure if you are opening forms from a SharePoint Library and querying data from a SharePoint list. If so, you may need to add a data connection which queries data from the SharePoint list, add a filter to specify which data you wish to edit, and after querying, set the data from the secondary data connection to the main data connection to display queried data.

The same approach applies if you are using a custom form from a SharePoint list.

Regards,

Don Stephen Lambatin / Support Engineer
    Qdabra Software
  • 03-17-2015 01:59 PM In reply to

Re: Repeating Section data not appearing on Edit or View

Thank you for replying. I am attempting to open the form from SharePoint. The form is a custom InfoPath form and is used to add several names to one form, which when submitted creates separate entries(multiple list items). The information on the form applies to all Agents, the purpose of creating multiple list items is to have a separate file for each Agent. So are you saying that once the forms are submitted, in order for someone to go back in and view the entry through the form I would need to add a query and a filter in order to populate the fields of the form?

Page 1 of 1 (3 items)
Copyright © 2003-2019 Qdabra Software. All rights reserved.
View our Terms of Use.