Setting value of fields taking the values from an sql db - InfoPath Dev
in

InfoPath Dev

Use our Google Custom Search for best site search results.

Setting value of fields taking the values from an sql db

Last post 03-10-2015 03:52 PM by Bre Huston. 1 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (2 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 03-08-2015 10:48 AM

Setting value of fields taking the values from an sql db

Hi all! I really need your help and I hope this is the right place to ask. I have the following problem: my boss want me to automatically fill 2 fields with the information's that are stored in an SQL db. The fields are and ID , a name and a section and the information's are stored in the db like that (3 colums one for each value). The form should fill automatically after the Id of one of the employee is inserted manually. My problem is that with the rules on the name and sector field I m able to display correctly only the first employee on the database and I don't understand how to do the same with the others. Every time I put an Id (whatever it is) the only information that comes up are the information of the first employee. I know that the problem is that probably I do not tell infopath the right rule but I really don't t understand how to do that. Before writing this post I searched everywhere but I m not been able to find a solution. If you can help me you really save me ahahah tell me if you need other information. (I m using infopath 2010 and SQL 2008)
  • 03-10-2015 03:52 PM In reply to

Re: Setting value of fields taking the values from an sql db

Hello Fakedog,

This sounds like it may be related to a filter on the rule that sets the value. You'll want to set the field to name where ID from main DS = ID from 2DS (SQL). This can also be done using a filtered query on your sql db connection to query for the employee id when the ID changes.

Please let me know if you need more details.

Thanks!
    Bre

Page 1 of 1 (2 items)
Copyright © 2003-2019 Qdabra Software. All rights reserved.
View our Terms of Use.