Calling Nintex Workflow web service (StartWorkflowOnListItem) from Infopath form - associationData parameter? - InfoPath Dev
in

InfoPath Dev

Use our Google Custom Search for best site search results.

Calling Nintex Workflow web service (StartWorkflowOnListItem) from Infopath form - associationData parameter?

Last post 12-08-2014 05:42 PM by mbc71. 0 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (1 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 12-08-2014 05:42 PM

• mbc71
    • Not Ranked
      Female
    • Joined on 12-08-2014
    • Posts 2

Calling Nintex Workflow web service (StartWorkflowOnListItem) from Infopath form - associationData parameter?

I have an Infopath form for a Sharepoint List, and I've added a button control that I am using to start a Nintex workflow using this web service: [site name]_vti_bin/NintexWorkflow/Workflow.asmx The method I'm using is the StartWorkflowOnListItem. It works fine except that the workflow I'm initiating has a "Send notification" action, and I need the Send to: and Send from: values to be the current user (who clicked the button). Unfortunately, though, when you use this web service, the "Initiator" is the System account. I think I need to pass the current user (username()) in the associationData string parameter to set a workflow variable that I can use for this purpose, but am not sure how to do this. I've tried just passing in "username()". I've tried creating a new column in the list to generate the XML (username()), and use that column for the associationData parameter. Neither of these approaches work. Can someone tell me how to go about passing the current username in this web service so that I can set it as a variable in the workflow?
    ~ Martha
Page 1 of 1 (1 items)
Copyright © 2003-2019 Qdabra Software. All rights reserved.
View our Terms of Use.