Infopath Cascading drop down List - InfoPath Dev
in

InfoPath Dev

Use our Google Custom Search for best site search results.

Infopath Cascading drop down List

Last post 11-03-2014 05:14 AM by MHPSE-IT. 4 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (5 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 10-29-2014 09:42 AM

Infopath Cascading drop down List

Hi All,

I am relativeley new to Infopath and Sharepoint.  I have been asked to create a form which itself is relatively straight forward....but I am trying to create a cascaded drop down list and failing!.

I have searched the web and this sites but I seem to be doing something wrong.  I want a drop down list called site to only show project managers that manage that site.

I have created two lists on sharepoint, one called sites the second list called project managers which has an additional column that looks up the sites on the site list.

The form can see the lists and the correct data can be chosen.....no problem there.  When I try to filter the data so when a site is chosen it populates with the relevant project managers....I get either a blank list or list of ID numbers.

I have tried numerous variations but no success.  I assume I have doing something basically wrong but unable to correct it.  Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks.

• 11-02-2014 07:51 PM In reply to

Re: Infopath Cascading drop down List

Hi MHPSE-IT,

I understand you are having issues creating a cascading dropdown for your form. Kindly check this Cascading Dropdowns in InfoPath video tutorial for your reference. Hope this helps.

Don Stephen Lambatin / Support Engineer
    Qdabra Software
  • 11-03-2014 03:12 AM In reply to

Hi,

Thanks for the reply, unfortunately the link isn't working....is there another link to use ?

Thanks.

• 11-03-2014 03:17 AM In reply to

Hi, the link was supposed to redirect you to http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SH7xUEcQwwg. Must be some kind of a bug with inserting a link. Apologies for that.

Don Stephen Lambatin / Support Engineer
    Qdabra Software
  • 11-03-2014 05:14 AM In reply to

Great...thank you :-)

Page 1 of 1 (5 items)
Copyright © 2003-2019 Qdabra Software. All rights reserved.
View our Terms of Use.