InfoPath/Sharepoint List Question - InfoPath Dev
in

InfoPath Dev

Use our Google Custom Search for best site search results.

InfoPath/Sharepoint List Question

Last post 10-10-2014 07:39 AM by Hilary Stoupa. 1 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (2 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 10-07-2014 12:54 PM

• gman25
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 10-07-2014
    • Posts 1

InfoPath/Sharepoint List Question

Hi there. I am pretty new to InfoPath. In a new position that I have, I inherited an InfoPath form that my predicessor never got working before she left. The end goal is to have this in SharePoint where it submits and publishes to a SP list.

From what I am told by our SP administrators, for that to happen, the process should have started out by creating the SP list, and then clicking on IP "Customize Form" icon within SP and then building the form that way.

Right now, what I'm working with is an IP form that was created outside of that process and now I am trying to figure out if it is possible to get that into the SP list. I do not even have the option to publish to a list. The only SharePoint option I have is a form library.

Both InfoPath and Sharepoint are 2010.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

• 10-10-2014 07:39 AM In reply to

Re: InfoPath/Sharepoint List Question

Your SP Admins are correct that if the form is intended to be a list form you would have needed to start with a SharePoint list - you can also customize your list form from InfoPath, but you do have to have the list first.

If you publish the form to a form library and promote all the fields, however, you can display all the form data in the library - any chance that would be an acceptable work around?

Hilary Stoupa

Page 1 of 1 (2 items)
Copyright © 2003-2019 Qdabra Software. All rights reserved.
View our Terms of Use.