Email Data Connection not working on a SharePoint list - InfoPath Dev
in

InfoPath Dev

Use our Google Custom Search for best site search results.

Email Data Connection not working on a SharePoint list

Last post 10-06-2014 11:35 AM by RobWag. 2 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (3 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 10-03-2014 02:26 PM

• RobWag
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 10-03-2014
    • Posts 2

Email Data Connection not working on a SharePoint list

I am trying to have an InfoPath view from a multi view form sent to a document library when an InfoPath button is selected. Found that this is possible by setting up an Email Data Connection, selecting the "Send only the active view of the form and no attachment", setting the button to use the email data connection when clicked, and email enabling the SharePoint document library that will receive the email attachment. Tried the solution by making the InfoPath form a content type on a SharePoint Document Library and was successful with sending the email attachment to another document library. Unfortunately when I implemented this button on a SharePoint list, the email enabled document library never receives the email attachment. My question is, does the "Email Data Connection" only work when implemented on a form within a SharePoint Document Library? If not, how would I be able to implement this data connection on a SharePoint list? Thank you, Rob
  • 10-06-2014 09:51 AM In reply to

Re: Email Data Connection not working on a SharePoint list

Hi Rob,

InfoPath list forms are notoriously limited in their functionality, and InfoPath does not allow you to send email attachments to SharePoint lists, so my guess would be that sending an email attachment *from* a SharePoint list form is also not possible. However let me try your particular scenario on one of our internal servers and get back to you.

Jennifer Lindsay
    Qdabra® Software/InfoPathDev.com
    The InfoPath Experts – Streamline data gathering to turn process into knowledge.™

• 10-06-2014 11:35 AM In reply to

• RobWag
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 10-03-2014
    • Posts 2

Re: Email Data Connection not working on a SharePoint list

Hello Jen, Thank you for the quick response! If it helps with describing my scenario better, I tried creating an InfoPath form from the “SharePoint List” template in InfoPath 2010. Once created, I set up an email data connection and selected the “send only the active view of the form and no attachment” option. The email data connection was applied to an InfoPath button and submitted the view to another document library that has been enabled to receive emails. As mentioned, this worked when I implemented the email data connection on an InfoPath form that was attached as a content type on a SharePoint document library, but did not work when implemented on a SharePoint list. Please let me know if you require further details and thank you again for assisting me with this issue! Rob
Page 1 of 1 (3 items)
Copyright © 2003-2019 Qdabra Software. All rights reserved.
View our Terms of Use.