Double eval for People Picker unexpected character and type mismatch errors - InfoPath Dev
in

InfoPath Dev

Use our Google Custom Search for best site search results.

Double eval for People Picker unexpected character and type mismatch errors

Last post 10-06-2014 12:33 PM by yevmahn. 4 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (5 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 09-29-2014 06:45 AM

Double eval for People Picker unexpected character and type mismatch errors

Dear colleagues,

I have been struggling to resolve this double eval issue for a few days now. Thanks to everyone here for the helpful information regarding this solution but I can't seem to get past the errors.

In my formula window, I enter the following:

eval(eval(pc:Person, ‘concat(pc:AccountId, “;”)’), “..”)

and I get:

Unexpected character.
    eval(eval(pc:Person, -->‘<--concat(pc:AccountId, “;”)’), “..”)

If I remove the single quotes, I get:

Unexpected character.
    eval(eval(pc:Person, concat(pc:AccountId, -->“<--;”)), “..”)

I tried replacing all of the data within the quotes with fields I created in my list:

eval(eval(pc:Person, concat(pc:AccountId, Semicolon)), Elipses)

Type mismatch.
    Error occurred during a call to property or method 'Eval'.

Any help you could provide would be appreciated. :-)

Thx

• 10-01-2014 08:47 AM In reply to

Re: Double eval for People Picker unexpected character and type mismatch errors

Update: it appears as though the Insert Formula box is changing my quotes to another font.

I enter a formula as: concat(substring(today(),6,2), "/",substring(today(),9,2), "/", substring(today(),1,4))

and it converts to:  concat(substring(today(), 6, 2), “/”, substring(today(), 9, 2), “/”, substring(today(), 1, 4))

Notice the change in the quotes :-(

• 10-06-2014 06:04 AM In reply to

I found the cause of the problem. It was InfoPath 2013 that was changing the font of the quotes. I switched to InfoPath 2010 and I'm now able to enter formulas.

I have to say that I'm somewhat disappointed at the lack of response to this post. I picked this site because of all the excellent advice and prompt replies.

• 10-06-2014 08:04 AM In reply to

I'm sorry you received no replies - sometimes that happens because no one has experienced the same issue. Also, when you reply to your own question, it no longer shows up in the "unanswered" questions. I did see your original question and did not reply because I have never experienced this - I am using InfoPath 2013. I only have ended up with smart quotes in a formula when I have copied / pasted from another application like Word or Outlook.

Hilary Stoupa

• 10-06-2014 12:33 PM In reply to

Hi Hilary,

Thanks for the response. Sorry about the mixup :-)

Page 1 of 1 (5 items)
Copyright © 2003-2019 Qdabra Software. All rights reserved.
View our Terms of Use.