Data not saving in SharePoint or InfoPath - InfoPath Dev
in

InfoPath Dev

Use our Google Custom Search for best site search results.

Data not saving in SharePoint or InfoPath

Last post 07-10-2014 01:32 PM by sherice. 0 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (1 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 07-10-2014 01:32 PM

Data not saving in SharePoint or InfoPath

Hello everyone,

I'm  a complete newbie to the InfoPath world.  I created a list in SharePoint, and then decided to see what would happen if I hit the "Customize Form" button. I though it was cool that I could add some shading to help separate the various sections on the form.  Well, I've nothing but problems since.  I had three boxes that I initially set up in SharePoint to be "Multiple lines of text" fields.  I have about 10 of these fields on my form. However, when I initially set it up in SharePoint, I forgot to select "Append Changes to Existing Test" to 3 out of the 10 fields. I went back into "List Settings" on SharePoint and corrected my mistake.  But it doesn't look like it stuck, because of the fact I edited the form in InfoPath. So here are the problems:

1- I got an error that led me to believe I needed to bind the controls for the 3 different fields.  I went into InfoPath, and bound the controls. (Maybe incorrectly, I was just following the steps on the Help menu) Could this be contributing to issue #2?

2- Now the same 3 controls are not showing up in SharePoint after a user hits 'Save' after making an entry.  Even when I entered the information in InfoPath and hit 'Save' the record will appear on SharePoint, but the data from those 3 fields do not. I recently discovered that if I switch to Datasheet View that I can see the information that was entered. How do I get it show up in other views or on the edit screens?

p.s.- I don't know any programming language, so hopefully we don't have to resort to that.  I also have over 200 records, so I really can't dump this and start from scratch. (Please help!!)

Page 1 of 1 (1 items)
Copyright © 2003-2019 Qdabra Software. All rights reserved.
View our Terms of Use.