Qrules 5.1 Sandbox Browser Form only opens in the client. - InfoPath Dev
in

InfoPath Dev

Use our Google Custom Search for best site search results.

Qrules 5.1 Sandbox Browser Form only opens in the client.

Last post 06-12-2014 06:45 PM by tyty4u2. 6 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (7 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 05-23-2014 01:30 PM

Qrules 5.1 Sandbox Browser Form only opens in the client.

I am having a problem with any form injected with Qrules and opening the form in a browser.  They will only open from within the client.  Forms without Qrules injected open ok in the browser. 

1) I have injected a form with Browser 2010 and Sandbox.

2) Add only one text field to the form and publish

3) I receive a message that  the form will not open in a browser and will open in the client (I don't remember the exact message)

4) Verified I am a Site Collection Owner

5) Verified Sandbox is enabled and started

6) These same forms upload fine to O365 browser enabled

7) This SharePoint 2010 server security is very high since it is a government server. Are there any settings other than the items mentioned above to look for?

My next step is to try it Admin Approved.

Thanks,

Tyler 

• 05-27-2014 03:56 PM In reply to

Re: Qrules 5.1 Sandbox Browser Form only opens in the client.

Try admin approved.

There are a few ways to troubleshoot this - one might be to run Fiddler while publishing the form as sandbox to the site and see if there is any info there that may help. You may also want to check the SharePoint logs during the approximate time of your publication attempt - it could be that the sandbox worker process is timing out.

Hilary Stoupa

• 05-27-2014 06:07 PM In reply to

I was able to finally get this to deploy as Admin Approved, but since I do not have access to the Central Administrator this will make future uploads very difficult. Correct me if I am wrong, but any updates to the form will require re-uploading in Central Administrator? There is no way to do it in the Site Collection Settings? Even though I have the Form working in a browser as Admin Approved, data connections are not working. I receive "An Error occurred querying a data source" "You do not have permissions to access a Sharepoint list that contains data required for this form to function correctly. An entry has been added to the Windows even log of the server. Lod ID 5566" However, when I publish the form to the same Form Library, I receive a message that the form published ok but will not work in the browser. I open the form and all data connections work. So I cannot get Sandbox publishing to work but Admin Approved will however with broken data connections. I was able to publish a blank form with only a drop down box with one data connection to work in the browser. This form does not have Qrules injected, but it was a test to verify data connections were working in a browser.
  • 06-02-2014 12:46 PM In reply to

Hilary,

Thanks for your help troubleshooting on the phone last week.   I analyzed the logs and found no errors in the logs but after further troubleshooting with the SharePoint Farm Admin, User Code service was stopped on one of the SharePoint Web Frontends.  After that was started, the form published and seems to work.  That also fixed my errors with data connections not working.

I do have a new weird problem.  Sometimes the forms publish without error.  Sometimes the forms publish but give me a warning the custom code will not run so the form must be opened in form filler.

I also have another issue that appears random.  When I open the form in the browser, sometimes I get a message that the custom code could not be run.  When I click View Details, it gives me a correlation ID as a GUID looking value.  If I close the form and reopen it, it works fine. 

Does this sound anything like a Sandbox Timeout like you had mentioned?

Thanks! 

• 06-02-2014 01:05 PM In reply to

I'm sending you back to the logs on this, I'm afraid - search on that correlation ID in the trace logs.

Hilary Stoupa

• 06-12-2014 06:31 PM In reply to

Hillary, The saga continues, lol. we eventually did get the form published in Sandbox, etc. I now have a new issue. Qrules will not run any commands while Sandboxed. I THINK they did Admin-Approved and the still do run in filler. I setup a very basic scenario. I have a new form injected with Browser, Sandbox, Infopath 2010. I dragged the Command, Results, and Error on the form and I created a button that sets the value of command to "test". In the browser, Command gets a value set as "test" with no results or error values. In the form filler or preview I get "Invalid Command Specified" as expected. I still have our form we worked on together that has some vbscript to set a text box to Hello. I republished that form and it works in a browser. That form does not have Qrules injected, but I wasn't sure if it was relevant that forms with code work. I appreciate the help. Thanks, Tyler
  • 06-12-2014 06:45 PM In reply to

I have an update.  I did forget to change the postback to "always" and that did fix my test form.  However my other forms still do not work with postback set to "always".

Is it possible because these forms have been injected with previous versions and instances? We have injected these forms with numerous changes (4.2, 5.1, Filler, Browser, Sandbox, Admin Approved )

Page 1 of 1 (7 items)
Copyright © 2003-2019 Qdabra Software. All rights reserved.
View our Terms of Use.