Hello There, - InfoPath Dev
in

InfoPath Dev

Use our Google Custom Search for best site search results.

Hello There,

Last post 05-22-2014 07:48 AM by RaYvA. 1 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (2 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 05-15-2014 12:58 AM

Hello There,

Can someone help me, how can I display a not repeating filed as a read only value (Just for reference) in a repeating table form? I need this because I have parent list from where the child list is launched based a condition.

I have a filed in the Parent list called No of Hours Worked, and in the child list (repeating table we capture the break up of individual effort hours for a task. so the total should match the parent filed - No of Hours Worked value.

Also is there a way we can put a validation rule which does not allow user to submit unless both the total value of the break up and No of Hours Worked filed value is same.

I am using Sharepoint 2010 with Infopath 2010. The Total work hours filed in child form is a expresstion box placed in the footer which only calculates the value temporarily till the form is submitted.

Any help is much appreciated.

Regards,

Krishna S Varadharaj

Regards,
    Krishna Varadharaj
    ITSM, PPSM, Sharepoint
  • 05-22-2014 07:48 AM In reply to

• RaYvA
    • Top 100 Contributor
    • Joined on 05-08-2013
    • Melbourne, Australia
    • Posts 86

Hi Krishna, yes you can do all of what you are asking both in and out of repeating tables/sections, you just need to get your logic, and where you point to it, in order.

I think I have appended a form that demonstrates what you are asking for and the logic hopefully it is relatively easy to follow?

Page 1 of 1 (2 items)
Copyright © 2003-2019 Qdabra Software. All rights reserved.
View our Terms of Use.