Server was unable to process request. ---> Column Limit Exceeded. - InfoPath Dev
in

InfoPath Dev

Use our Google Custom Search for best site search results.

Server was unable to process request. ---> Column Limit Exceeded.

Last post 05-28-2014 09:37 PM by york31. 1 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (2 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 05-14-2014 08:35 AM

Server was unable to process request. ---> Column Limit Exceeded.

Hi everyone, I am getting following error while trying to publish my form to Sharepoint: "The SOAP response indicates that an error occurred on the server: Server was unable to process request. ---> Column Limit Exceeded. There are too many columns of the specified data type. Please delete some other columns first. Note that some column types like numbers and currency use the same data type. ---> Column Limit Exceeded. There are too many columns of the specified data type. Please delete some other columns first. Note that some column types like numbers and currency use the same data type." I guess I have 72 number fields in my form, which is the limit for Sharepoint 2010. However, trying to publish "Currency" fields also fails. Is there any way to exceed this limit? The performance of my form and list are perfect! I also need all the number fields, due to a lot of calculations. Thanks so much in advance, Kevin
    Windows 7
    Microsoft Office 2010
  • 05-28-2014 09:37 PM In reply to

Re: Server was unable to process request. ---> Column Limit Exceeded.

Hi Kevin, Currency and Number are counted as the same type. I have hit this barrier with numbers, too. I did not find a way to extend the limit, but I found that in many cases you can use text strings instead of numbers, and still apply at least whole number calculation. good luck. YK
Page 1 of 1 (2 items)
Copyright © 2003-2019 Qdabra Software. All rights reserved.
View our Terms of Use.