Preceding-Sibling. - InfoPath Dev
in

InfoPath Dev

Use our Google Custom Search for best site search results.

Preceding-Sibling.

Last post 05-13-2014 07:27 AM by Catharine. 0 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (1 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 05-13-2014 07:27 AM

Preceding-Sibling.

Hi All

I have a Form with 2 repeating groups

/my:CourseBooking/my:CourseDelegates/my:Delegate

and

/my:CourseBooking/my:CourseDates/my:CourseDate

In each group I have a field which I am using to work out the row that I am on.

So /my:CourseBooking/my:CourseDelegates/my:Delegate/my:DelegateCount has the default value count(../preceding-sibling::my:Delegate/my:Name) + 1

And /my:CourseBooking/my:CourseDates/my:CourseDate/my:CourseDateCount has the default value count(../preceding-sibling::my:CourseDate/my:Position) + 1

These fields work correctly when inserting rows into my repeating groups.  So If I start with 1 row and add 3 rows, in each table I get the counts of 1,2,3,4 

When I delete the 3rd row in the Delegate group the counts re-calculate as required, 1,2,3

When I delete the 3rd row int the CourseDate the counts do no re-calculate, I get counts of 1,2,4.  I have other fields in the repeating group which count(../preceding-sibling...) and count(../following-sibling) they also do not re-calculate correctly.  All of the fields have "Refresh value when formula is recalculated" ticked.

I am sure I am doing something wrong - but I cannot fathom the difference between the two groups, other than the CourseDate group has date and time fields in it. 

Any ideas would be gratefully received.

Thank you

Catharine. 

Page 1 of 1 (1 items)
Copyright © 2003-2019 Qdabra Software. All rights reserved.
View our Terms of Use.