Search does not filter the desired results - InfoPath Dev
in

InfoPath Dev

Use our Google Custom Search for best site search results.

Search does not filter the desired results

Last post 05-15-2014 08:46 PM by jun_barbosa. 4 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (5 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 05-08-2014 01:04 PM

Search does not filter the desired results

Hello,

I have been struggling with getting the search filter to work on a web-based InfoPath form.

I have a SharePoint list A with a choice column called Counties of all the counties of a state. I also have setup a another SharePoint list B that has thousands of address items which include address1, address2, city, state and county columns.

Now I need to setup a search form such that when a user selects a county from list A and clicks on the search button, all the matching addresses from list B should displayed below.

So far here is what I have done-

I opened InfoPath designer from the SharePoint list A where I see the Counties look-up or choice column. In the form I also added a data connection to SharePoint list B.

I then added an action to the SharePoint List A column to query using a data connection. The condition is such that on the left I have setup any occurence of County (from List B) equals Counties (from List A).

Right beneath the search button I added a Repeating section with controls using List B.

From here onwards is where I am confused-

Do I need to add another Action to the button to query List B again?

Do I need to add filters to each field of the repeating section (i.e. List B)?

Currently, I have added a added only a query action to the button for List B with no conditions. On the web form, wether the Counties is selected or not, if I hit the search button, it takes a good 10 seconds for the results to appear and it gives me all the results. Not the filtered results I am looking for.

Can anyone give me a step-by-step instruction?

Thanks in advance.

• 05-08-2014 09:41 PM In reply to

Re: Search does not filter the desired results

Hi, would you mind attaching the form so I can take a look?

- jun 

• 05-09-2014 04:44 PM In reply to

Hi Jun,

Thank you for your response.

Attached is my InfoPath 2013 form.

• 05-13-2014 02:11 AM In reply to

Sorry for the late reply, I'll take a look at your form
  • 05-15-2014 08:46 PM In reply to

Sorry again for the late reply,

Attached is a simple form, you can see how I did it.

Please at the properties of the drop down list. It  gets it values from a secondary data source IPD01Counties

Then take a look at the rules I created for the Title and Address fields from the secondary data source IPD01Address

I hope this helps,

Jun

Page 1 of 1 (5 items)
Copyright © 2003-2019 Qdabra Software. All rights reserved.
View our Terms of Use.