search inphopath forms from sharepoint libary - InfoPath Dev
in

InfoPath Dev

Use our Google Custom Search for best site search results.

search inphopath forms from sharepoint libary

Last post 06-19-2014 01:39 AM by mayaby. 4 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (5 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 04-29-2014 01:14 AM

• mayaby
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 04-29-2014
    • Posts 8

search inphopath forms from sharepoint libary

Hii

I published infopath forms to diffrent sharepoint libaries. now i want to search for specific text within the InfoPath form, for instance ID. And that should return all the forms that contains the ID. 

Is someone has an idea how can i implement this?

thanks,

maya

• 05-04-2014 10:10 PM In reply to

Re: search inphopath forms from sharepoint libary

Hi Maya,

Querying items from different Sharepoint Libraries will require having different data connections for each of these libraries. We have a previous webinar which shows how Secondary Data connecions and Filters work. I believe that the examples whon on the video were SharePoint lists, but the appraoch should be similar if you want to query data from a Library. Please let me know if this helps.

Don Stephen Lambatin / Support Engineer
    Qdabra Software
  • 05-07-2014 12:34 AM In reply to

• mayaby
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 04-29-2014
    • Posts 8

Hi Don

Thanks for your helps, but what im looking for is retrive infopath files from sharepoint libary, I found by your help the solution at: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cTLL4st41pk&list=PL1D5B4E457DA60363 but without step by step demonstration, can you explain what is the seach scope  FormLibraris? how to create this?

thanks,

maya 

• 05-08-2014 12:18 AM In reply to

Hi Maya,

The webinar link I provided you with is part of what you need in order to query a form from a SharePoint Library. The first thing you would need is a Library which you can easily create by publishing an InfoPath form to SharePoint, and promote the Form Name field which you will be using later on to concatenate with the hyperlnk. On the other form which you will be using for querying data, create a retrieve data connection. Here, you will query the Form Name which has been promoted, as mentioned earlier (please refer to the webinar link on previous post). Lasty, create a link (concatenated to the Form Name) to open infopath form in sharepoint. Please refer to this thread for more information regarding hyperlinks. Hope this helps.

Don Stephen Lambatin / Support Engineer
    Qdabra Software
  • 06-19-2014 01:39 AM In reply to

• mayaby
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 04-29-2014
    • Posts 8

thanks

Page 1 of 1 (5 items)
Copyright © 2003-2019 Qdabra Software. All rights reserved.
View our Terms of Use.