InfoPath 2010 and SharePoint 2010 Problem!!!!!!!!! - InfoPath Dev
in

InfoPath Dev

Use our Google Custom Search for best site search results.

InfoPath 2010 and SharePoint 2010 Problem!!!!!!!!!

Last post 02-09-2014 04:10 PM by Patrick Halstead. 7 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (8 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 01-28-2014 11:51 PM

• Hossein
    • Not Ranked
      Male
    • Joined on 01-29-2014
    • Iran
    • Posts 5

InfoPath 2010 and SharePoint 2010 Problem!!!!!!!!!

Hi, I have an InfoPath SharePoint Form Library which consists of ample of views that each form uses repeating table as well as SharePoint 2010. In InfoPath form, I created a Report view which retrieves data from other views. Furthermore, in report view I use repeating table items; it means I drag & drop some fields in reporting section. When I use it offline, means not publish in SharePoint, Everything is OK. It retrieves all data even in same date. Nevertheless, when I publish it in SharePoint, I will lose my repeating data in Report view. Let me explain a little more: I have three views. In first and second view, I use repeating table, which consists of some fields that will be completed by users later. In third view, I use repeating table as well, but with a bit different. In this view, user will be capable of enter data for a day more than twice, which in previous views will not be able. For example, the user selects first date of month and enters data, and another user opens form and enters data for 1st day of a month again and so on. May I know what the problem is??? PS: It is a simple pattern of what I want... https://www.dropbox.com/s/lfqsvlqn71gduc8/Test_RepeatTable.xsn
  • 01-29-2014 09:54 PM In reply to

• Hossein
    • Not Ranked
      Male
    • Joined on 01-29-2014
    • Iran
    • Posts 5

Re: InfoPath 2010 and SharePoint 2010 Problem!!!!!!!!!

No one answered my question? It is urgent...
  • 01-30-2014 07:39 AM In reply to

Sorry - I've read your post and looked at your sample form and am still unclear as to what you are trying to accomplish. I do think if you want your repeating data to be nested (which is how it appears based on the second table in your form) you should change your data source structure to reflect that.

Hilary Stoupa

• 01-30-2014 09:57 AM In reply to

• Hossein
    • Not Ranked
      Male
    • Joined on 01-29-2014
    • Iran
    • Posts 5

Hi Hilary, And thank you for your replay and assigning your time to me. You're right maybe my post was unclear. As you see in sample form, In original repeating table when a person chooses day 01 and changes the name of Project, Drive, Time as well; data will be reflected in the row of second repeating table that has 01 in the first column. If another user selects duplicate day, it will be cataloged with previous row. Otherwise, Data will be shown in the row which has equivalent data in first column. Furthermore, Project Name, Driver name, Time as well as Result are the data of initial repeat table. Let me show an example: User Day Project name Driver Name Time ….. User01 01 Project01 Driver01 Time01 Uers02 02 Project02 Driver02 Time02 User03 01 Project01 Driver011 Time011 Result Day Project name Driver Name Time ….. 01 Project01 Driver01 Time01 Project01 Driver011 Time011 02 Project02 Driver02 Time02 And some questions irritate me: 1- For what reason(s), it works in InfoPath as an offline form but not in SharePoint 2010 Library form as an online form??? 2- As you suggested (you should change your data source structure to reflect that) How can I do that?? 3- Is there another alternative solution??? https://www.dropbox.com/s/pvtg55nps2y1pnf/SPS2010.jpg
  • 01-31-2014 07:24 AM In reply to

Re: InfoPath 2010 and SharePoint 2010 Problem

So - what happens when you try this form in the browser - you say it doesn't work? I think I understand better what you are trying to do now, so I don't know that changing your data structure would necessarily be the right approach.

Hilary Stoupa

• 01-31-2014 08:57 PM In reply to

• Hossein
    • Not Ranked
      Male
    • Joined on 01-29-2014
    • Iran
    • Posts 5

Hi Hilary, As I posted before, I have three views that just in third one user can select to duplicate data. Moreover, in report view, Manager can see what happen in three views for all days in a month. After that he/she can go to “Edit page view” and edit data and submit / refuse users requests. Yes, it doesn’t work. I have tried all approaches that come across my mind. In SharePoint 2010 library form, I cannot see the value of repeating table’s data. However, when I remove the rules, I can see values, which repeat all days. I mean when I choose data for the day #1, its data appear for all days et cetera. Furthermore, another surprising event is, when I select data for Project and others without choosing data for the day, it shows data as well as if I insert new row, it just shows data of the last inserted rows. As soon as I choose a day, data disappear. I really don’t know, what is wrong here…. I suppose that it is really easy way for generating this aggregate report and maybe the only problem is loading data that takes a little time and I think that it is because of Auto post back of combo boxes. Thanks again.... **************************************************************** https://www.dropbox.com/s/advpbf6vmgjwnq5/Views.pdf ***********************************************************
  • 02-05-2014 10:16 AM In reply to

• Hossein
    • Not Ranked
      Male
    • Joined on 01-29-2014
    • Iran
    • Posts 5

Again no one answered my question? It is urgent...
  • 02-09-2014 04:10 PM In reply to

Hi Hossein,

I'm sorry, but we had several people sick last week and were busy with paying  customers. If you need urgent help, go to Qdabra (dot) com and click on Support and purchase an urgent support pack.

Thanks! 

Patrick Halstead
    Project Manager at Qdabra
Page 1 of 1 (8 items)
Copyright © 2003-2019 Qdabra Software. All rights reserved.
View our Terms of Use.