pricing and rules - InfoPath Dev
in

InfoPath Dev

Use our Google Custom Search for best site search results.

pricing and rules

Last post 01-30-2014 01:29 AM by samz04. 6 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (7 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 01-28-2014 08:45 AM

• samz04
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 06-03-2013
    • Posts 5

pricing and rules

Hi everyone, I am trying to create an order form where you have 3 x columns, one for product,one for quantity and one for price. Now what i want to do is depending on which product you choose and the quantity will depend on the price? Is there any way of doing this? so example say you want 1 x keyboard at £9.99 but you then decide you want 2x and the price goes to £18.99 or 3x and price total is £27.99 , if you get my gist but i am unsure of how to do this? thanks Samantha
  • 01-29-2014 09:09 AM In reply to

Hi Samantha,

You may use a default value for the price field by right cliking on the field, click the fx button, and enter the formula as shown below:

You may also check the sample form I am attaching for your reference. Hope this helps.

Don Stephen Lambatin / Support Engineer
    Qdabra Software
  • 01-29-2014 01:33 PM In reply to

• samz04
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 06-03-2013
    • Posts 5
    Hi Donstephen I still need a bit more help, i have 3x boxes - Product - Quantity - Total price , now depending on what product they choose and the quantity they have it at then decides the total price- i need to do the formula depending on what product they choose x what quantity. E.g 1 Product Quantity Total Price Anti Virus 1 x Computer £25.00 but say they then decide to have Product Quantity Total Price Anti Virus 2 x Computer £30.00 So even though the quantity has gone up, the price does not double. I am just a little confused on what input i use for each section to the make the formula work Thanks for your time
  • 01-29-2014 05:37 PM In reply to

The default value of the total price should be able to re-calculate itself, so I'm not sure where the problem is coming from. Would it be possible for you to attach a copy or a sampe of your form so we could investigate further? (options tab > file attachment > add).

Qdabra Software
  • 01-30-2014 01:28 AM In reply to

• samz04
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 06-03-2013
    • Posts 5
    i have added the document i am doing. I am just a little confused with it all as i am new to info-path. Thanks
  • 01-30-2014 01:29 AM In reply to

• samz04
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 06-03-2013
    • Posts 5
    i have added the document i am doing. I am just a little confused with it all as i am new to info-path. Thanks
  • 01-30-2014 03:43 AM In reply to

In the attached form, I have updated some of the values from the drop-down fields and modified the total price column to contain the default formula for computing the total amount. Here is how the drop down values should be set up in order to have numerical values:

Hope this helps.

Qdabra Software
Page 1 of 1 (7 items)
Copyright © 2003-2019 Qdabra Software. All rights reserved.
View our Terms of Use.