Chevron Process Shape - InfoPath Dev
in

InfoPath Dev

Use our Google Custom Search for best site search results.

Chevron Process Shape

Last post 09-29-2013 10:13 PM by Jimmy. 1 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (2 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 09-26-2013 03:24 AM

Chevron Process Shape

All,

Often if I have a form with multiple views/stages I'll add a 1 row, X column table to the top of the form to act as a visual diagram to illustrate where the user is in the process. 

When designing forms I often do a google images search to see what others are doing and try to incorporate their ideas onto my forms, even if they aren't infopath based. This helps me think outside of the box and add value to an original spec relatively quickly and easily.  I'll also look at how big successful companies are doing forms i.e. Banks, Amazon etc.

Today on a particular form I was viewing the company used a chevron process as their form 'timeline' illustration. This I thought was excellent and clean. They colour coded their steps ( I do this anyway),

Thus for steps which had been completed the column was black, your current step was grey with a leftward arrow head, pointing to the form content, future steps were also grey too.  For each completed step as well as being black they included a small tick as well.

I'm trying to avoid adding an image file as my process visual aid.

Can InfoPath natively  transform a single row, X columns into a chevron process shape? I can easily put the tick symbol in : Insert>Symbol

• 09-29-2013 10:13 PM In reply to

I'm having a bit of trouble understanding what you're describing. Could you perhaps provide an image with a mock-up of what you'd like to achieve, and clarify what you mean by "transform a single row, X columns"?

Jimmy Rishe / Software Developer / Microsoft MVP
    Qdabra Software
Page 1 of 1 (2 items)
Copyright © 2003-2019 Qdabra Software. All rights reserved.
View our Terms of Use.