several data in dd-field for each dataset - InfoPath Dev
in

InfoPath Dev

Use our Google Custom Search for best site search results.

several data in dd-field for each dataset

Last post 08-30-2006 08:44 AM by Larona. 3 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 08-28-2006 08:01 AM

• Larona
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 08-27-2006
    • Germany
    • Posts 3

several data in dd-field for each dataset

Hello all together!

I have a problem and can't find any solution (searched nearly 2 days in this forum). I create an InfoPath2003 form based on a Access2003-database. I also get a query- and a data-section with corresponding fields. The data-section is as a repeating section for dispaying several datasets from database. Now i have to populate an dropdown field which is not a part of the data-fields, because i only get an string like "1;2;5;7" from the database. This numbers are ID's and in a seperate table in the database are names to each ID. Because of more then one ID in the string the dropdown-field is in a repeating table, which is bound to an seperate group under "myFields" in the datasource. Following i show the structur of my database for more understanding i hope.
    -tblMain
    ---field1
    ---field2
    ---IDs

-tblID_Name
    ---ID
    ---Name

After some days of work i get a solution, which returns the names for each dataset appanding from the IDs-list (return from tblMain for each dataset). I also can add some rows to the repeating table and set the names to the dropdown-field BUT only for all datasets the same. If i change the value in one dropdown-field then the dropdown-field in ALL datasets are changed. I think it's because the repeating table isn't a part of the repeating section. (i get an information from InfoPath that this control coudn't repeat at this point - but how can i change this?)

I hope somebody could understand my problem and can help me. PLEASE!

Andrea
  • 08-29-2006 06:10 PM In reply to

Re: several data in dd-field for each dataset

Hello Andrea and welcome to the forum!

I'm sorry but I really don't understand your problem here, maybe you could provide an XSN for us to download and inspect?
    Matt Faus / Microsoft InfoPath MVP
    Qdabra® Software / Streamline data gathering to turn process into knowledge
  • 08-30-2006 06:20 AM In reply to

• Larona
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 08-27-2006
    • Germany
    • Posts 3

Hallo Matt,

thanks for your replay. I'm sorry that i couldn't explain my problem comprehensible.
    I would provide an XSN for you to download, but how?

Andrea
  • 08-30-2006 08:44 AM In reply to

• Larona
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 08-27-2006
    • Germany
    • Posts 3

Ok, i searched in the FAQ how provide the xsn and i think it's possible by a hyperlink. I will try:
    IPForum.xsn

I hope it will work and explain something more. :-))

Greets
    Andrea
Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
Copyright © 2003-2019 Qdabra Software. All rights reserved.
View our Terms of Use.