Populating the details/calculated fields based on the entered value in the form - InfoPath Dev
in

InfoPath Dev

Use our Google Custom Search for best site search results.

Populating the details/calculated fields based on the entered value in the form

Last post 06-21-2013 01:14 AM by RyanDHale. 1 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (2 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 06-19-2013 12:52 PM

Populating the details/calculated fields based on the entered value in the form

Hi,

I want to create the safety stock approval form. In the form, I want the user to add the item and all the details of that item should be populated by itself from the excel file. I don’t understand how can I do that. Currently, I have source file located on network drive but we will soon be moving it over to sharepoint. if the problem can be solved by moving the content of the source file to other type of file or location then i can do that.  

Please advise.

Thanks

• 06-21-2013 01:14 AM In reply to

Re: Populating the details/calculated fields based on the entered value in the form

Hey There

Im am not to sure about the process of pulling the data out of an excel file unless it is in a certain format such as a csv etc

By placing the data within SharePoint however this task becomes very simple.  Instead of the data being held within the Excel file, you would instead create a "Custom List" and recreate your fields(columns).  Then you can use datasheet view to enter and edit your data, just like Excel.

As far as then taking this data out of SharePoint and into InfoPath, what you would need to do is create an XML data connection which looks at the GUID code (which you create from the URL fo your list).

Once this is done, a few lines of C# and you can filter your data to your hearts content.

The process sounds a bit scary, but trust me it is easy.

If that sounds like what you are looking for, I would be very happy to send you some links to walkthroughs, and give you some help.

Regards

Ryan

Page 1 of 1 (2 items)
Copyright © 2003-2019 Qdabra Software. All rights reserved.
View our Terms of Use.