Problem with infopath database connection - InfoPath Dev
in

InfoPath Dev

Use our Google Custom Search for best site search results.

Problem with infopath database connection

Last post 07-04-2013 05:21 AM by mastermachine. 4 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (5 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 06-14-2013 12:02 AM

Problem with infopath database connection

I have simple form connected directly to Access. It is located on network (form and database) that is available to all and path in connection is one that everyonce can access. I have signed certificate from domain and have signed code and put whole form to full trust. I work in form without a problem. Other users get error that infopath cannot connect to database. Why? To me everything works perfect, no problem. nobody else can use it. They even do not get certificate error or something similar. Only problem with connection. I do not use sharepoint because we do not have it, only infopath 2007 and access database 2007. This is rather urgent. I have lost 3 weeks trying to solve this problem.
    Filed under: ,
  • 06-14-2013 05:45 AM In reply to

Re: Problem with infopath database connection

I believe the users would need to have permissions to the Access data the form is trying to load. Have you checked?

Ernesto Machado
    Qdabra® Software/ InfoPathDev.com
    The InfoPath Experts – Streamline data gathering to turn process into knowledge.™

• 06-14-2013 05:52 AM In reply to

After 7 days trying to solve this issue I have solved it 15 minutes ago with pure coincidence. I was talking with 10th colleague today and asked him to open it and he succeded. then I checked closely and saw I have InfoPath 2010 and other users have 2007 and even though I did try to make it to work on older Office it did not work. Then I tried to publish from computer with Office 2007 and still it did not work until I changed Access to older version also. Now everything works. And I lost 7 days trying to figure it out never thought about this problem.
  • 07-03-2013 11:03 AM In reply to

• douala
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 07-26-2012
    • Posts 7

I am having the same problem where 2010 users are OK but 2007 users are not. I have done what you suggested (changed the database from .accdb to .mdb (older version) but it is still not working. Do I HAVE to republish from 2007 machine?

Thanks

• 07-04-2013 05:21 AM In reply to

I had several problems. One was with Infopath version. I was using 2010 and users 2007 so I had to republish from 2007 workstation. Ok ... that worked. Second problem was with database, even though I had direct connection or ODBC connection, simply connection to accdb did not work so I had to change database to .mdb version 2003 Third problem was with certificate, I needed certificate because we are in domain, and when I republished from older workstation I had to first isntall on that workstation certificate to even work that publishing. and last problem was with domain itself. Do not know why. Last - 1 problem: what ever I do, when I published from central domain, somebody from subdomain, same IP range, different subnet could not open infopath form. Simply could not connect to database. So I solved the problem and now I have 2 infopath forms. One for main domain published from workstation that has 2007 version with installed certificate and one form published from subdomain also from one workstation with certificate and 2007 installed. Now it works Last - 2 problem: still did not figure out how to do following: - domain username to automatically fill textbox in form - ip adress of user that is sending form hope this helps. Also, ODBC did not work, so I did direct connection (ODBC had problems with user rights management) to access database that is in hidden form. Still have to solve problem on how to hide Infopath Designer and to leave only Filler since it is same exe file.
Page 1 of 1 (5 items)
Copyright © 2003-2019 Qdabra Software. All rights reserved.
View our Terms of Use.