Email Browser-Enabled Form as Hyperlink - InfoPath Dev
in

InfoPath Dev

Use our Google Custom Search for best site search results.

Email Browser-Enabled Form as Hyperlink

Last post 01-25-2013 02:57 PM by Jolie. 2 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (3 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 01-25-2013 07:49 AM

• Jolie
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 10-05-2012
    • Posts 5

Email Browser-Enabled Form as Hyperlink

I created a browser-enabled form with an Approval Process, and would now like to have each Approver be able to email the form as a hyperlink through each of the approval stages.  I do not want to use Sharepoint Workflow, since this requires that I define email addresses in the workflow.  I want the user to be able to select the email address from a drop down list instead.  My firm uses Outlook 2010 on an Exchange server.  I use a SQL database to pull in user information.

Is it possible to use code to send the form as a hyperlink in an email?  If so, what type of coding?  I appreciate any information on how to accomplish this. 

• 01-25-2013 02:41 PM In reply to

Re: Email Browser-Enabled Form as Hyperlink

Hi Jolie,

Well, you don't have to hardcode the email addresses in the workflow. Just add the field form your form as a promoted property in InfoPath (File-> Form Options->Promoted Properties) and it will be available to the workflow so it can be driven by the contents of your form.

Should be easy. We also have a training lab that shows how to do this.

It can be a bit tricky to find out where to add the field from your form, but it should show up in the ShP Designer dropdown of available fields after your promote it and republish your form.

Good luck,

Patrick

Patrick Halstead
    Project Manager at Qdabra
  • 01-25-2013 02:57 PM In reply to

• Jolie
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 10-05-2012
    • Posts 5

Re: Email Browser-Enabled Form as Hyperlink

Thanks, Patrick.  Are you promoting the email field as a Column Name or Parameter Name in the Sharepoint Library (File, Form Options, Property Promotion, Add [Column Name or Parameter Name]?

Isn't Sharepoint Designer used for creating workslows in Sharepoint? I do not want to use a Sharepoint workflow.  Can I still use the method you describe?

How can I view the Training Lab that you refer to?

I am failry new to InfoPath, so forgive me if I am not understanding everything you describe.

Thank you,

Jolie

Page 1 of 1 (3 items)
Copyright © 2003-2019 Qdabra Software. All rights reserved.
View our Terms of Use.