SharePoint External Lists and InfoPath - InfoPath Dev
in

InfoPath Dev

Use our Google Custom Search for best site search results.

SharePoint External Lists and InfoPath

Last post 01-18-2013 02:06 PM by acarita. 0 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (1 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 01-18-2013 02:06 PM

SharePoint External Lists and InfoPath

I am working on creating a form that will be used for status reports for our company. I have a SQL table with all the info that I need populated into the form, this table I turned into an ECT in SharePoint and created an External List. The requirement for this form is that it must be an InfoPath modified SharePoint list form, we do not want a web enabled form and we do not want the user to open it up in the InfoPath client. The first item I have been tackling is cascading drop downs. I've tried many different ways (single external list, multiple external lists, multiple standard lists) and I end up with the same results. The first cascade works, sort of, the second not at all. I am looking up a Consultant and populating the next drop down with the clients the consultant is working at. They can have multiple clients at once and that is where the first level stops working. I can see both clients, but the field always reverts to the first selection if I try to change it. Problem 2 is that the next drop down (Project) must be filtered on both consultant and client. This is because project names repeat across all clients, so I want to be sure I choose the one assigned to the particular consultant and client combined. The double filter doesnt work for me. I am applying the filters in the control properties, when I select the value and display name for the field. Once I work out these hurdles, I need to be able to populate many remaining fields (project start date, project end date, manager, etc) based on the Consultant, Client and Project. I think that will require a calculated value, but I want to get the double filter to work before attempting the triple filter. Any guidance or thoughts on what I am trying to do would be great. Thanks
Page 1 of 1 (1 items)
Copyright © 2003-2019 Qdabra Software. All rights reserved.
View our Terms of Use.