VBS and Checkboxes to load new Form? - InfoPath Dev
in

InfoPath Dev

Use our Google Custom Search for best site search results.

VBS and Checkboxes to load new Form?

Last post 01-25-2013 07:41 AM by Hilary Stoupa. 6 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (7 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 01-18-2013 02:13 AM

VBS and Checkboxes to load new Form?

Hello, can somebody pls tell me how i get the true/false values from checkboxes? and how can i Load a new infopath Form when i click on a Button? I hope somebody can tell me. I have no clue and didnt find anythin in the internet :-(
  • 01-24-2013 01:02 AM In reply to

Re: VBS and Checkboxes to load new Form?

ok, semms that nobody can help me. are there some good tutorials for infopath and VBS ? And is there anyone who can simply tell me how i can read a checkbox information?
  • 01-24-2013 07:39 AM In reply to

Well - I think your question could use a little more info.

Are you writing code? VB script instead of managed code? What version of InfoPath are you using?

Hilary Stoupa

• 01-24-2013 07:54 AM In reply to

EDIT: How can i make a break in this forum? Ok you are right. I am using Infopath 2007. First i wrote a Word 2007 Makro. I build a UserForm with the tool and when somone Click the OK button it "scans" the Checkboxes. If one of them true then a new word Doc. should be opened. sorry i hope my english isn't so bad. for example If Me.CheckBox1 = True Then Dim AppWD1 As Object Set AppWD1 = CreateObject("Word.Application") AppWD1.Visible = True AppWD1.Documents.Open "F:\Neuer Ordner\Plan1.docx" End If How can i do the same in Infopath 2007? Me dont work, or Infopath.Application. I dont know what i am doing wrong. I searched the web for a good tutorial too. But didn't find anything :-(
  • 01-24-2013 11:36 AM In reply to

If you enable .NET programmability support when you install InfoPath 2007 (here's a link on that) you'll be able to use C# and can probably find more samples. Here are a few that might get you started:

http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/office/bb509311(v=office.12).aspx
    http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/office/bb251747(v=office.12).aspx

But, I'm wondering - if all you need is to open one form if a field is true and another if it is false, you might be able to do that with rules. Have you tried just using rules? If this is a form opened in InfoPath (not a browser form) you can add a rule action to open a new form template. You could have conditions - if this checkbox field is true, open this template, if that checkbox field is true open this other template. If it is browser form, you could probably do the same with hyperlinks inside sections to choose which to display for the user.

Hilary Stoupa

• 01-25-2013 01:22 AM In reply to

The Problem is, when i try to open a New Infopath document on this way, i get the error "acces denied". But it's all Local on my Notebook. i read that this is some network problem but that cant be.
  • 01-25-2013 07:41 AM In reply to

Is the form you are trying to open published? Does the error message have more details? Can you post a screenshot (under the options tab)?
    Hilary Stoupa

Page 1 of 1 (7 items)
Copyright © 2003-2019 Qdabra Software. All rights reserved.
View our Terms of Use.