Best Practice for Data Source? - InfoPath Dev
in

InfoPath Dev

Use our Google Custom Search for best site search results.

Best Practice for Data Source?

Last post 01-22-2013 01:29 PM by Metron4. 2 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (3 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 01-16-2013 10:55 AM

Best Practice for Data Source?

Hello,

I am learning how to create InfoPath forms connected to my Access Web Database which is published to a SharePoint site. When I am looking to create Data Connections, is it better to connect to the Access database stored on a network drive, or to the SharePoint Lists linked to the same database? Our users must be able to see the connected data in the forms, so I would think SharePoint Lists is the best option. However, I am having trouble understanding how to make SharePoint lookup columns in my list display the value I want instead of the ID value coming from the parent list.

For example, I have a form that is meant to pull data from the Projects list to pre-populate the form on Form Load. But the lookup columns in Projects just show ID numbers instead of the display value.

Thanks,

Rob

• 01-21-2013 03:45 PM In reply to

Re: Best Practice for Data Source?

Hi - you can add another secondary data connection to your Projects list and then use a calculated value or expression box to display the Project title instead of the ID. I found a blog post on this that may help you.
    Hilary Stoupa

• 01-22-2013 01:29 PM In reply to

Re: Best Practice for Data Source?

Thank you. That link was very helpful.

Page 1 of 1 (3 items)
Copyright © 2003-2019 Qdabra Software. All rights reserved.
View our Terms of Use.