Displaying Values (ID) from Multiple selection List Box - InfoPath Dev
in

InfoPath Dev

Use our Google Custom Search for best site search results.

Displaying Values (ID) from Multiple selection List Box

Last post 01-14-2013 05:55 AM by ErnestoM. 3 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 01-08-2013 08:48 AM

Displaying Values (ID) from Multiple selection List Box

The form I have set up has a Drop down box which takes values from the SharePoint list and Based upon the selection the values are displayed in the Multiple Selection List Box, I was able to copy the selected items to separate text box using the double eval formula. Now I want the item ID (SharePoint generated ID) for the selected items from the multiple list.

When I am trying to enter the choices and filter the choices based on the drop down selection, I could not speicify the "Value" and "Display Name" for MSLB it is automatically taking either of them.

I want to display the names for users to select and I also need the ID values for another comparisions.

Please help me.

Thanks in Advance 

• 01-08-2013 10:15 AM In reply to

Re: Displaying Values (ID) from Multiple selection List Box

I'm sorry, I don't think I understand this scenario.

If you're populating a dropdown from a SharePoint list, the user has to make one choice in the dropdown.

The Multiple Selection List Box allows the user to select more than one option.

Are the dropdown and the Multiple Selection List Box bound to the same nodes in the schema?

Perhaps attaching some screenshots or the form (via the Options tab) will provide more detail on the scenario.

Thank you.

Ernesto Machado
    Qdabra® Software/ InfoPathDev.com
    The InfoPath Experts – Streamline data gathering to turn process into knowledge.™

• 01-10-2013 12:41 PM In reply to

@Ernestom Sorry for the late response.

The Drop and MSLB takes the values from different data connections (Different SharePoint Lists)

I had set up something like a Cascading Multiple Selection List Box

SharePoint Lists:
    List A (Columns): Site Name
    List B(Columns): Shift Name, Site Name(Lookup from List A)

Infopath Form:
    Drop Down: Takes values from List A
    MSLB: Based on the selection made in drop down, all the associated Shift Names will be displayed

I have used the double eval formula from this post http://www.infopathdev.com/forums/p/14658/60141.aspx#60141 , Similarly I want to extract the ID's of the selected items from MSLB.

• 01-14-2013 05:55 AM In reply to

Try this:

1. Query List A

2. User makes a selection in the Dropdown. (MSLB is not shown to user yet.)

3. Based on that selection for List A, query (filtered) List B.

4. Show MSLB so that user makes selection in MSLB.

It should be straightforward (if you're on SharePoint 2010 / InfoPath 2010) since these allow you to filter the data connection.

Ernesto Machado
    Qdabra® Software/ InfoPathDev.com
    The InfoPath Experts – Streamline data gathering to turn process into knowledge.™

Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
Copyright © 2003-2019 Qdabra Software. All rights reserved.
View our Terms of Use.