Submit to Sharepoint List Tool is creating duplicates - InfoPath Dev
in

InfoPath Dev

Use our Google Custom Search for best site search results.

Submit to Sharepoint List Tool is creating duplicates

Last post 11-29-2012 08:47 AM by Hilary Stoupa. 5 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (6 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 11-29-2012 08:05 AM

Submit to Sharepoint List Tool is creating duplicates

Hello, I have used the Submit to Sharepoint List tool in the past and it works great.  I am trying to use it for a new form and I am having trouble refreshing the exisiting List items.  Perhaps I am missing something?   I can submit to the list perfectly.  I have a listID field in the form that is intended to save the ID number from the List, however it doesn't populate a number after I submit the form. I have confirme that the listID field is mapped as an ID field in the Submit to Sharepoint List Tool.  I also made sure that I was submitting to the List first, before I submit to the Library.    Any ideas?
  • 11-29-2012 08:07 AM In reply to

Re: Submit to Sharepoint List Tool is creating duplicates

Can you attach your form to a reply? Under the options tab....
    Hilary Stoupa

• 11-29-2012 08:18 AM In reply to

Sure! I added it to my original post.  Thanks!
  • 11-29-2012 08:34 AM In reply to

I see you have field called listID - but I don't see the field in the mapping file as the ID? Or you could include it in the command with /id=my:listID. You can indicate your ID field with the mapping tool (see screenshot).

Hilary Stoupa

• 11-29-2012 08:43 AM In reply to

Actually I did have the mapping file updated with the ID field....however....I did not realize that the mapping data connection added the file into the form template.  I thought it was browsing for the mapping file every time I submitted..but now in hindsight that wouldn't make much sense.  Anyway, I re-linked the mapping data connection to the mapping file I had and it is working now.  Thank you!!!
  • 11-29-2012 08:47 AM In reply to

That explains it! IP keeps that form as a resource file with the other template files, so you did the right thing to update it. :-)
    Hilary Stoupa

Page 1 of 1 (6 items)
Copyright © 2003-2019 Qdabra Software. All rights reserved.
View our Terms of Use.