New qRule: ModalDialog; Feature Request - InfoPath Dev
in

InfoPath Dev

Use our Google Custom Search for best site search results.

New qRule: ModalDialog; Feature Request

Last post 11-26-2012 05:53 PM by Jimmy. 1 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (2 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 11-25-2012 07:59 AM

New qRule: ModalDialog; Feature Request

Hi there,

my form has Special save Buttons, that do different things like publish a form or save it or maybe start a follow-up-protocol. As these button clicks are irreversible, I would like to give the user the typical "Do you really"-Question.

How?

1. I can think of a new View, that has the Yes/No button and I place the question-text dynamically at top. 
    2. or I could create a "dialog-Section" that I make visible and have the user click  a yes / no -Button.

Both Ideas are not ideal, since I Need this type question Kind of everywhere, so it doesn't scale well in my opinion. The section in particular I don't like it, because I would have to disable ALL other fields and Buttons to create this "modal"-Feeling.

Any other ideas? what is the best practive to achieve this?

Well can Qdabra maybe engineer a new rule around this Feature request. I thought of rule, where I would fill the following Parameters:

• Show OK-Button
    • Show Yes-Button
    • Show No-Button
    • Question-Text
    • Message Text
    • Some Kind of Source? I am thinking of a field, a button or a section.

The Rule should return the button result.

Well, I have not thought this any further, since I wanted to get a first Response, whether any other People Need this. I did Research on Modal Dialog and there are numerous Posts, so there is a Need.

I will be happy to give further practical Input.

thanks

Michael

Filed under:
  • 11-26-2012 05:53 PM In reply to

Re: New qRule: ModalDialog; Feature Request

Hi Michael,

Thank you very much for your suggestion.  This is a feature that I have throught about in the past, but it seems that we have not found a need to implement it so far.

This kind of functionality should be possible to implement using qRules, with the caveat that it would not be browser compatible.  I have added the feature request to our feature tracking database.  Of course, we can't give any guarantees about when or if a feature requested via the forum will be implemented, but if you would be willing to purchase some time to get the feature added, I am fairly sure we should be able to oblige.

Jimmy Rishe / Software Developer / Microsoft MVP
    Qdabra Software
Page 1 of 1 (2 items)
Copyright © 2003-2019 Qdabra Software. All rights reserved.
View our Terms of Use.