Empty space between sections - InfoPath Dev
in

InfoPath Dev

Use our Google Custom Search for best site search results.

Empty space between sections

Last post 11-19-2012 07:56 AM by Hilary Stoupa. 3 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 11-19-2012 02:58 AM

Empty space between sections

Hi,

I have 3 sections, fom which 2 depend on a certain value loaded, so if value e.g 1 is put, only one section is visible, the other one hidden and the other way around. When loaded to Filler or browser there is no gap between the section 1 (by default) and 2 (alternative) , but when it shows 1st one (default) and the 3rd one (there is 1 whit blank line). How can I remove it?

• 11-19-2012 04:38 AM In reply to

Re: Empty space between sections

The obvious thing is a line break between the two sections - I assume you've checked that.

The other thing to check is the section's margins. It might be that there's a large margin somewhere creating the extra space.

Also check the section and table rows height. It should be auto - it might be set to a fixed number.

Hope this helps!

Ernesto Machado
    Qdabra® Software/ InfoPathDev.com
    The InfoPath Experts – Streamline data gathering to turn process into knowledge.™

• 11-19-2012 04:53 AM In reply to

When I am trying to put the cursor in the line space in the Designer mode it just goes to the next line and I am not able to do anything. Just see this empty line space and cannot do nothing about it. I tried your proposals (had some 0 marings, but set them to auto) but still it doesnt work.

• 11-19-2012 07:56 AM In reply to

Attach your form to a reply if you want - I might have a few minutes to take a look.

When I have a tricksy space like this, I usualy start changing background colors on things so I can see the culprit. Set the shading of your layout table to pink, the shading of your section to orange, repeating section to blue - you get the idea. Then preview and you can tell by the colors what is actually causing the issue. :-)

Hilary Stoupa

Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
Copyright © 2003-2019 Qdabra Software. All rights reserved.
View our Terms of Use.