Web Part Submit Action - InfoPath Dev
in

InfoPath Dev

Use our Google Custom Search for best site search results.

Web Part Submit Action

Last post 11-16-2012 04:37 AM by wilkies0106aw. 2 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (3 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 11-13-2012 06:37 AM

Web Part Submit Action

All,

I've an SP 2010 form which have Form Submit Rules when a button is pressed. It's action is Submit. The rules work as expected, i.e. set fields, swich views etc.When you press the submit button the forms switch to a 'thank you' view. On this view there is a button "Close". The close buttons use rules and code - Basically it closes the with no prompt. 

Now I add the infopath form to a web part page. All works as expected except the Close button on the thank you view. Instead of closing the form. The button reloads the form and goes to the next view of the form. The web part default behaviour is to leave the form open as is the infopath form submit action. 

How can I get it so that the close button works and closes the form and doesn't re-load the form. The webpart submit behaviour is greyed out.

Filed under: ,
  • 11-13-2012 11:23 AM In reply to

wilkies0106aw:
    Instead of closing the form. The button reloads the form and goes to the next view of the form. The web part default behaviour is to leave the form open as is the infopath form submit action

So, why do you have "The web part default behaviour is to leave the form open as is the infopath form submit action" if you really need to close it? 

Gennady Vanin (Novosibirsk) --- Геннадий Ванин (Новосибирск)
  • 11-16-2012 04:37 AM In reply to

For some reason that seems to be the default behaviour. Even if I add a second web part, I can change the submit behaviour of the web part.
Page 1 of 1 (3 items)
Copyright © 2003-2019 Qdabra Software. All rights reserved.
View our Terms of Use.