Blank rows dropdown list - InfoPath Dev
in

InfoPath Dev

Use our Google Custom Search for best site search results.

Blank rows dropdown list

Last post 10-31-2012 11:06 AM by cnorris135. 3 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 10-31-2012 08:36 AM

Blank rows dropdown list

I have several dropdowns in my form which are prepopulated from a Sharepoint list.....   some of the columns in the Sharepoint list are longer than the others.......meaning they have more data.....  but it seems that the dropdowns are looking at the dropdown with the most data and putting blanks there which can make for a long dropdown with white space..... 

How does one limit items to actual data and NOT blanks or white space. 

Also, why does the scrollbar in the dropdowns start at the bottom and we have to scroll up to see selections?

I tried setting the default for the field by following these steps but it didnt eliminate the blanks..:

1. Double click on dropdown field in the data source.

2. Select Fx button for Default value.

3. Select Insert field or group.

4. Select secondary xml from data source.

5. Select “value” and click on ok.

Chris

• 10-31-2012 10:34 AM In reply to

Re: Blank rows dropdown list

HI there,

Need a little more detail on why your dropdown contains blanks.  Could you elaborate on what you mean by dropdowns are looking at the dropdown with the most data?  Is your dropdown connected to just one SP list or more?

Perhaps if you can include a screenshot that would be great.

Anson Hidajat
    Qdabra® Software/ InfoPathDev.com
    The InfoPath Experts – Streamline data gathering to turn process into knowledge.™

• 10-31-2012 11:05 AM In reply to

attached is the SP list i am using for my dropdowns.... yes i am using just one SP list.   see attachment.....

will send a second post with the dropdown list pic so you can see the white space....

c

• 10-31-2012 11:06 AM In reply to

attached is one of the dropdowns.....  you will notice the white space after the choices that some from the SP list.

Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
Copyright © 2003-2019 Qdabra Software. All rights reserved.
View our Terms of Use.