Web Form to send the link to the it's own form to a predefined email - InfoPath Dev
in

InfoPath Dev

Use our Google Custom Search for best site search results.

Web Form to send the link to the it's own form to a predefined email

Last post 10-29-2012 03:00 PM by ErnestoM. 1 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (2 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 10-29-2012 01:05 PM

Web Form to send the link to the it's own form to a predefined email

Hi, This is my first post here(hurray!), so i hope im posting in the correct place. Was wondering if anyone could guide me towards this solution. I have a web form that i want to add a button on, this button is supposed to send an email which holds the url of the form inside of it, to a predefined group of people(with the possibility of adding more people with a pop menu after you click the button). Can anyone think of a a non code based to do that ? just some information to get you started we're talking about sharepoint 2010 SP1, infopath services already installed. Please let me know if you have any questions regarding my environment. Thanks a bunch ! Roy
  • 10-29-2012 03:00 PM In reply to

Re: Web Form to send the link to the it's own form to a predefined email

If you know the URL to the form library and the form name, then you're all set.

Define a node in your canvas called FormUrl. Its value will be something like:

concat("http://<servername>/sites/<sitename>/<FormLibraryName>/",FormName,".xml")

I'm assuming the FormName is some field in the form, which is used by your data connection to submit to the Form Library. This FormName should not change with each submit, i.e. it would be determined on first submit only.

Then just include a hyperlink control using this URL. If you run into issues opening that link in the browser, come back and let us know. The exact URL might need to be tweaked.

Keeping it even simpler, just put the URL to the form library itself in the email (/sites///">http://<servername>/sites/<sitename>/<FormLibraryName>/).

Good luck!

Ernesto Machado
    Qdabra® Software/ InfoPathDev.com
    The InfoPath Experts – Streamline data gathering to turn process into knowledge.™

Page 1 of 1 (2 items)
Copyright © 2003-2019 Qdabra Software. All rights reserved.
View our Terms of Use.