dynamic width or the illusion of - InfoPath Dev
in

InfoPath Dev

Use our Google Custom Search for best site search results.

dynamic width or the illusion of

Last post 10-23-2012 01:16 PM by jaxkookie. 2 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (3 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 10-19-2012 06:02 AM

dynamic width or the illusion of

I have created a small form, a poll. I was forced to use infopath for the poll because it is a publishing site and it has annon access. every other method I have tried failed with authentication. So the poll is working better than expected. I am looking to add a final piece, the graphical results. I am able to display the totals and percents. so I do have numbers to work with, but I also know IP doesnt allow dynamic widths. So I have had a few ideas but they are not clean. I thought about creating 10 fields for each result and hide/show conditionally, but that is a bunch of work. so I was hoping for some ideas or input.

thanks

Kind regards,
    Larry
    Filed under:
  • 10-19-2012 09:46 AM In reply to

Re: dynamic width or the illusion of

You're right InfoPath doesn't do dynamic widths.  It also isn't very good with reporting results graphically.  Perhaps you can consider using the chart web part? http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/sharepoint-server-help/introduction-to-the-chart-web-part-HA101889216.aspx

You can use InfoPath to gather the data then sent the chart web part information to graphically display.

Anson Hidajat
    Qdabra® Software/ InfoPathDev.com
    The InfoPath Experts – Streamline data gathering to turn process into knowledge.™

• 10-23-2012 01:16 PM In reply to

Re: dynamic width or the illusion of

Thanks, I read thru the article, but this looks like it is for 2010. I am stuck on MOSS that is a publishing site. So my options are limited. I actually created two solutions. one using 10 fields for each result and hiding them base on my result.

for a secong solution I added 20 sections each with an image of increasing lengths. I also hid these base on similar rules. On submit of the form I take user to the result page. It looks clean, just not the best use.

thanks again

Kind regards,
    Larry
Page 1 of 1 (3 items)
Copyright © 2003-2019 Qdabra Software. All rights reserved.
View our Terms of Use.