Design checker warnings that prevent using a web form - InfoPath Dev
in

InfoPath Dev

Use our Google Custom Search for best site search results.

Design checker warnings that prevent using a web form

Last post 10-12-2012 08:47 AM by Anson Hidajat. 5 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (6 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 10-11-2012 09:26 AM

Design checker warnings that prevent using a web form

I have an InfoPath 2010 form that I am trying to make Web Enabled. I have a series of warnings in my design checker:

• Placeholder text is not supported
    • Data connection contains parameterized queries
    • Could not verify the form template on the specified server

Does one of these warning prevent the use of a browser based based form? Most of the InfoPath clients on my network are 2007, but I would much prefer to use a 2010 template (web enabled). Beyond that, reverting the form to a 2007 client format at this time would be... painful.

Any thoughts on a solution?

• 10-11-2012 09:34 AM In reply to

Re: Design checker warnings that prevent using a web form

Debugging the design checker can sometimes be tricky, but typically any warning will not prevent the form from being browser enabled.  Only errors will do that.  The concerning one for me would be the last one since it cannot verify the form on the server. 

Here's a list of features that are not available in the browser: http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/infopath-help/infopath-2010-features-unavailable-in-web-browser-forms-HA101732796.aspx

Perhaps you can quickly summarize what your form does and what sort of features you are using in the form and then we can try to narrow down what may be in it that is preventing you from browser enabling.

Anson Hidajat
    Qdabra® Software/ InfoPathDev.com
    The InfoPath Experts – Streamline data gathering to turn process into knowledge.™

• 10-11-2012 10:38 AM In reply to

Anson, thanks for the quick response! The form does many things... It is primarily built as a project tracker for my organization... It has many repeating sections, several person/group pickers and lots and lots of XPath expressions that pull the data from field to field. A project is initiated, routed for review and approval and then put into an "archive" status. It can then be re-initiated from the archive and sent back through the review and approval process with added data (a repeating section). The process is somewhat complex, and redesigning the form would be a nightmare... It's just very odd to me that while I have warnings, I have no "errors" per se. The form does not appear to contain any of the features that might cause problems according to MicroSoft, however the form began its life as a 2007 template, and perhaps this is part of the issue. I wish I could post the XSN file but I don't think my organization would be too fond of that.
  • 10-11-2012 03:28 PM In reply to

Its difficult to pinpoint exactly what the problem is without looking at the xsn itself.  I would recommend removing as much as possible from the form till you get into a state where your form can publish.  Then slowly add more and more stuff to the form and publishing each time.  When the publish breaks, then you'll have a better idea of what is preventing your form from browser enabling.
    Anson Hidajat
    The InfoPath Experts – Streamline data gathering to turn process into knowledge.™

• 10-12-2012 07:21 AM In reply to

Thanks! After I removed all the "Placeholder text unsupported" errors I suddenly found about 100 "Unsupported HTML" errors. I went through and fixed a number of them and then the form published as a web form without a problem. Very odd! Other issues to deal with now. Thanks for your help!
  • 10-12-2012 08:47 AM In reply to

Glad to hear that solved your problem!
    Anson Hidajat

Page 1 of 1 (6 items)
Copyright © 2003-2019 Qdabra Software. All rights reserved.
View our Terms of Use.